Halloween Forum banner

21 - 40 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
We had just over 400 this year, which is our biggest year. Just surprised that by 9:15pm it was done......but it is a school night.

Happy Halloween to all!

·
Registered
198 Posts
125, our personal best, up from 110 last year. I ran out of treat bags and had to switch to regular candy/ left over toys from making the bags. It rained but not too hard, the way the weather was forecasted I was afraid I was going to get stuck with a bunch of bags and instead I ran out. I'm thinking I better make a bunch more next year in case the weather is better. Our last 5 TOTers were after 9 pm, two teen girls and then three teen girls, all wearing volleyball uniforms, we figured they must have had a game and were on there way home.

And don't feel bad if you didn't get any, before we moved to this house three years ago we lived in a house for 16 years and never got a single TOTer. So after that I'm really happy just to get them.

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
I don't think we hit 400, which was my albeit optimistic target figure. It got really crazy for about 90 minutes, but, by and large, it was a really nice number for us. We jad 220 last year. I was able to interact with the TOT's to a certain extent, not just hand out candy.
Biggest laugh of the night came at 4:30, full daylight, when a lady walking her dog had to restrain him from attacking our giant spider. If you build a prop that scares a dog, you know you're doing something right...

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
34, down from the 60s last year, down from 98 the year before.

I tell ya, I've yet to figure out tots. Last year it was cold, I had decorations out and the whole yard lighted blue, and with me sitting right in the driveway they were missing me because my door light wasn't on. This year I didn't really decorate, had the door lights on, and still know I got bypassed by groups. I mean you can't win for losing.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
We had 230-240 TOTs which is up around 50 from last year and up around a 125 from the year before. The weather was perfect which was surprising for WY. Kids and parents all had fun, had a lot of them taking pics. of or with various props.
Favorite part of the night was getting a couple around 25-30 yrs. old show up all dressed up and said they knew it was weird to be their age and out trick or treating but we were the only house they wanted to trick or treat at. They had been driving by my house every day since I set up my decorations and they just had to come and check them all out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
We had about 24-30 Kids. Hard to tell because my husband and I both answered the door and gave out candy by grabbing a handful out of my copper-cauldron. I gave out way more candy then last yeat, but my daughter brought back the same amount from her ToT tour :) The adults loved my display and I think at least one dad will decorate big himself next year because he got really excited when I told him my stuff was mainly homemade. Only thing that troubles me is that we may have missed some ToTler because the doorbell was broke and not everyone dared to just enter or knock hard.

·
demonic animatronic
810 Posts
145 here with a couple hay rides.
Had a lot of rain here off and on all day and everything was soaked up until about 5pm.
All of the weatherproofing of the animatronics etc worked great and we still managed a big yard haunt walk through. Lots of compliments.

·
Registered
30 Posts
down a little this year, only 175. I had bought enough candy for 250. Overall, a pretty nice year.

It was raining until 5, then a heavy mist from 6-7, then pretty nice until 830. Zero wind, which really helped the fog look great.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We went through six bags of pixie stix, two big bags of dum dum’s a box of mini candy canes, two bags of 100 grand bars and I was adement about giving only one piece per tricker treater. We still ran out of candy at about 8:30. The Weather was great this year here in N. California. Little windy so fog machines were not very effective and one of the fog machines burned up from running out of fog juice :/

ToT’s by my guestimate was about 100+ And well over 600 total trick or treators. Heck we run out of cany every year and that is after spending about $50.00 in candy. I know it is not a lot of money considering the price of candy these days but my other half thought we had spent enough. There is always next year.

·
Registered
835 Posts
We had 20 tots. Way down from last year. We had close to 200. What a HUGE disappointment!! It rained all day and nite. It's still raining today. Sick of it.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
What makes it hard is that years ago I did it more for me and my love of it all. As the years have passed now, through all the hard setup work and tear down, I really do it more for them. It's getting hard just to begin dragging all this stuff out as I get older. When the tot numbers are low on a decent weather night, it hurts. The only consolation was that every single one of the 50 or so really appreciated display and said so. And I thanked them and let them know it means a lot to hear it. Onward...

·
Jumpin' Jack Flash
1,389 Posts
we don't get any where i live, so i went to my mom and dad's for the early part of ToT (our town moved it to Tuesday because of rain that ended up not happening last night). they usually get 70-80 and i'd say they were on track for that when i left. i came on home because i wanted to be at our house for part of the official ToT hours, and we ended up getting one! our neighbor's nephew stopped by, we were thrilled. :D

·
Registered
575 Posts
A storm blew in last night so I figured Halloween was going to get rained out, but it passed pretty quickly and people started coming out. Got about 54 trick or treaters total, which is pretty good for us, on a week night. Had lots of kids and parents tell us they liked the decorations, which is always nice to hear. Shut everything down by 8:45 or so.

·
The Haunting Girl
962 Posts
We had around 50 that took candy, but many more that walked up with their kids/friends or just stood in the street and stared. The weather was excellent and it only started cooling down around 7:30-8, but stayed pretty warm up to about 8:30. We actually had a lot of drop offs and people telling us that they were told to come over from other parts of town this year. I suspect my actual ToT number is much higher, because usually out of a group of 4-8 only 2-3 took candy unless it was a group of teens. I should probably invest in a clicker or something next year.

21 - 40 of 100 Posts