Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well its that time again!! I decided to get started on stetting up the yard haunt today after lots of contemplation as i do every year. i aways think its too early or or ill get tired of it but the stress of not getting it done on time always pushed me over the edge. Well, is anyone else starting outside year? or is it still too early:confused:

·
Registered
363 Posts
I TOTALLY get it! I am a mess with stress over thinking I don't have enough time already. This years is a new theme and the majority of the props are new and from scratch. Last year was a breeze with the same props/setup for the previous 5 years, as we had already worked out the kinks on everything.

We are prepping the props inside, building, rebuilding, painting, patching, creating. The house is in complete disarray. But the props don't actually go out until Oct 1.

·
Registered
237 Posts
well its that time again!! I decided to get started on stetting up the yard haunt today after lots of contemplation as i do every year. i aways think its too early or or ill get tired of it but the stress of not getting it done on time always pushed me over the edge. Well, is anyone else starting outside year? or is it still too early:confused:
I'm done with the prep work and the new builds for this season. I'm just waiting for the first weekend in October to arrive. That's always the weekend I do my setup outside. Blocked off the whole weekend for it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Been dealing with selling my Mom's house about 100 miles away for the last couple of months. Finally wrapping that up so intend to start setting up on Monday, Sept 24. Still have props to finish and make! Getting stressed but it will work out in the end. Excited to finally be moving forward with the yard! Adding some new stuff too this year!

·
Registered
226 Posts
I wish I could set up early. I live in So California and we get super bad Santa Ana winds and every year the come around and always create a huge mess. I have learned to wait until 2 weeks or less. Even then I have casualties, they are just easier to manage. I am in one of the areas that gets hit pretty hard by the winds

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i got pretty much all of my prep work done and all the new props built. theirs only a few new things this year. i just have so much school work and so much stuff that keeps coming up i figured i might as well start. of course the weather is saying rain all week so i guess it is good im starting early:eek:. once i get the stress of having a lot of time off my shoulders then im stressing about getting tired of it and having it up TOO long. it never ends i guess

·
Registered
688 Posts
I just moved to Houston from Chicago and the house I bought is in a HOA area, Im excited and anxious to set up at my new house but still not sure how HOA works since I never had to deal with them before back in Illinois

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I got a lot of it done last week but it's been so hot at night I took several days off. I really need to get done though so I will suffer through a few hours tonight and at least try to get the Graveyard fence out.

·
Registered
106 Posts
We did our tombstones and gargantuan spiders over the weekend. We just bought our first home and have received nothing but love and compliments from the neighbors. Go for it.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Yea it was over 90 here today but I have started! I am determined to get it done early this year so I don't have to stress....yeah right :rolleyes:

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,328 Posts
We have always set things up the weekend before the Big Day. This year we will put 50% out Oct. 24. The rest the 27th.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts