1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Reaper Queen
8,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here we go, the first reaper of 2018!!!
Shipping deadline is March 15, 2018
value of gifts should be $20.00 give or take a few
Gifts can be home made, store bought or a mixture of both, depending on your victims list

The theme of this reaper is Ostara, or spring, Easter, St Patrick's Day, magical items, and of course Halloween!!

you must get a tracking number and PM bethene with it, also make sure to post when you receive your gifts so your reaper know that they arrived.
If you agree, PM Bethene with your address, likes and dislikes list, and also if you wish to stay in the USA for shipping, Canada or anywhere.

Thank you , and have fun!!!!!

·
Registered
676 Posts
Okay. I haven't been on in a long, long time, but want to get back into everything. Life's been busy (not to mention I had a child during the time I've been gone!), but I'm trying to make time for the things that make me happy. Plus, my daughter LOVES Halloween as much as I do. I didn't realize we were doing multiple Secret Reapers a year. Nice! I'll join for this one.

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,673 Posts
Welcome back, digbugsgirl and congrats on having a baby! Yeah, there is the Main Reaper and the 2nd Main Reaper...both in the late Summer/Early Fall before Halloween...then, they have the Winter Reaper, a Spring Reaper and then various mini and/or single item Reapers sometimes happen during the in between times whenever someone has the time to start one, too.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Thanks!

Good to know. When I was last here, I only remember the two Reapers closer to Halloween. It's nice to have more during the year to keep the "spirit" alive!

·
Registered
676 Posts
Thanks Bethene. I most certainly will. I loved doing those every year. My daughter loves Halloween, too, and she'd be so excited to get those packages.

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,673 Posts
I wish I could, as I love the Spring Reaper, but a full reaper is over my price range, right now. I'll probably have to wait until the Main Reaper to do a reaper, again.

I hope you get more sign ups, though! Usually, a good amount of people play this one...where is everyone? :confused:

1,291 Posts
We normally love the reaps. We love being creative and in turn seeing what our reapers do for us but alas the cost of shipping has gotten out of hand. I feel that really is cramping our creativity to stay within a certain size and weight to afford the shipping. Then the USPS tracking for us has been sketchy I've had several packages go nowhere they were intended according to tracking.... thankfully the reaping gods made sure they did get where they were suppose to but tracking said different. Lastly not to look a gift horse in the mouth but our last 2 reaps we had very very very late shippers... all of that has really taken the fun out of it for us. I am sitting on the fence and we still have time to change our mind and join... we'll see.

I will say numbers are down across the board. I do all the card exchanges here and we were just lamenting how few join in even those these days. Back in 2015 I had 16 on my Vampy Valentine list This year only 6.

·
Reaper Queen
8,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I do agree with the shipping issues! I am more than willing to help some one out by keeping your victim close to you, I have had several over the years ask me that.
As far as the late shipping goes, if some one lets me know why and what the problem is ,while not great, can be dealt with, there have been folks with very good reasons, severe illness, deaths in the family, accidents,etc. I am so sorry that you have had such issues with gifts arriving so late, Stinkerbell, ,

I hope that both the card exchanges and reapers are not a dying thing, it is such a fun way to get to know our fellow forum members!

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,673 Posts
I was often one of the ones who had to be matched with someone close to be able to afford shipping for a full reaper box. Now that the shipping prices have gone up, yet again, at the beginning of the year, I pretty much can't afford to ship a decent sized box to anywhere...even close by places. I am not sure I'll ever be able to afford a big reaper, ever again. I struggle shipping small boxes, now...
:(
Heck, even the cost of stamps has gone up...

1,291 Posts
Yes shipping has gotten so pricey, I've had reaps where it's cost more to ship then the gift cost. Many years ago I stopped sending Christmas gifts to family I was spending more on the shipping then the gifts. I then chose to send gift cards for what I would have spent PLUS what the shipping might have been. In the end we we all ended up sending equal amounts to each other so we just plain stopped sending gifts altogether. Now the family gets the same handmade cards I send to all my Halloween exchange friends throughout the year.

I don't want to go the way of "shopping online" to get the free shipping for me that takes something away from the reap. I am of the thought if I wanted to buy something off amazon I would have done so in the first place. I so much prefer second hand, homemade, semi-homemade or a rebuild. I love seeing the creative talents of everyone. I know not everyone feels they have a creative talent... Frog is a prime example yet he makes some great stuff when I force him too. I have always added purchasable things to my list for just those folks who want to save on shipping or feel they don't have a creative talent.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts