1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time is short and so am I
Halloween is over
the JoLs are turning to mush
Krampus is coming
so is Christmas Day

Time for the annual Winter Holiday Card Exchange

As if we didn't have enough on our plates to do lets add another. Time to send out a little Krampus heat or Christmas cheer to other warped... err like mind folks.

Krampus Day is Dec 5 and Christmas not far behind or if you want something more exotic there is the 12 days that the Kallikanizaros cause Christmas Havoc.

Interested in exchanging cards here's how - Post how many cards you are willing to send out and where you are willing to send them - US only, US and Canada, Everywhere and Anywhere. Also a good idea to say if you'll be sending Krampus or more traditional Christmas cards. Then Private Message your personal info to others who have posted on this thread. It's as easy as that. Homemade cards, store purchased or something in between are all welcome.

Cards should be in the mail no later then Dec 18th if you want to make sure they are received before Christmas... Even earlier if you want them to arrive before Krampus Day. So time is short.

Not a requirement but fun, post photos of your cards so we can all enjoy them. And remember to send or post a note of some kind that your card arrived.

Lastly - Please if you say you are going to exchange PLEASE follow through. Yes things happen and life can get in the way, the water pipe burst, a cyclone hit, you're neck deep in snow, your MIL stopped in for a surprise visit or sometimes the USPS loses things or sends them back for silly reasons like not enough postage. All understandable just let the person you are exchanging with know something happened. Don't leave them hanging waiting and waiting almost nothing sadder then waiting for a Holiday greeting that never comes.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I'm in on this one, it's always a lot of fun. I can send Krampus or traditional Christmas cards, just let me know which you prefer. I will send to any location and have no limit. PM your address. Thanks to everyone who chooses to participate this year!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Halloween cards were so much fun to receive, I would love to keep the spirit going! I can do 20 Krampus cards for arrival by December 5 and then no limit Christmas cards afterwards anywhere.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Can't believe it's that time of year already! Looking forward to this exchange. I'll be sending out the traditional Christmas cards and can send anywhere and no limit! :)

·
Registered
599 Posts
I'm in and will definitely send traditional Christmas cards and Krampus if I can think of something creative to do with it. Or maybe I will do a mix? Just let me know if you prefer straight Christmas otherwise it will be a surprise ? I can send 20 anywhere.

1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm in and will definitely send traditional Christmas cards and Krampus if I can think of something creative to do with it. Or maybe I will do a mix? Just let me know if you prefer straight Christmas otherwise it will be a surprise �� I can send 20 anywhere.
I try to do a mix... Krampus on the outside with a nice Christmasy inside... or some years the other way around LOL.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I’m in! My cards will be traditional Christmas with a little Krampus thrown in the mix! I can send within the US, no limit.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Yay !!! Krampus is on his merry way

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have never participated in this Krampus card exchange before and would like to join in the fun this year. Let me know if you would like to exchange with me!

·
Registered
12 Posts
i'm in. First time as well in Krampus/christmas Card. I ll make traditional christmas card, because i absolutely no idea what it looks like a krampus card :D
(by the way thanks to Hallowmas who explain to me what is it Krampus )
Let me know if someone is interested

·
Registered
869 Posts
i'm in. First time as well in Krampus/christmas Card. I ll make traditional christmas card, because i absolutely no idea what it looks like a krampus card :D
(by the way thanks to Hallowmas who explain to me what is it Krampus )
Let me know if someone is interested
Hi ther. Welcome to the card exchange! It is always lots of fun.

1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I love all the exchanges we do here I wish more would join in, I love the creativity, thought and heck getting mail to open and enjoy... something not a bill or junk mail LOL.

When I did my first Halloween exchange I read of people sending out between 75 to 100 cards. Krampus / Christmas wasn't very far behind. Vampy Valentines, Easter (Walpurgis now) and Red White and Dead ( July 4th) had much smaller but respectable showings. Over the years we seem to lose more then we gain... Pondering why. Oh well as long as someone wants to exchange with me I'll keep doing it be it 1 or 100.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I love all the exchanges we do here I wish more would join in, I love the creativity, thought and heck getting mail to open and enjoy... something not a bill or junk mail LOL.

When I did my first Halloween exchange I read of people sending out between 75 to 100 cards. Krampus / Christmas wasn't very far behind. Vampy Valentines, Easter (Walpurgis now) and Red White and Dead ( July 4th) had much smaller but respectable showings. Over the years we seem to lose more then we gain... Pondering why. Oh well as long as someone wants to exchange with me I'll keep doing it be it 1 or 100.
I remember those days. I think it is a combination of things. Life gets in the way. And then several of our members are no longer active on this site after it was bought out by a commercial interest. That’s just my perspective.

Reactions: hallowmas

·
Registered
114 Posts
Is there anyone I haven't replied to that asked me to exchange cards, I thought I replied to everyone but it still shows I have one unread message that I cannot find, don't know if it is a glitch or something. If I have not replied can you please send another message to me so I can make sure I do, thank you, so excited for the cards to start rolling in.

1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I remember those days. I think it is a combination of things. Life gets in the way. And then several of our members are no longer active on this site after it was bought out by a commercial interest. That’s just my perspective.
Yes a number of people do seem to have moved on to other things or places. I've noticed even the reaper exchanges have suffered from lower numbers to the point a few have been discontinued. I do kinda get that one what with the cost of postage ever increasing, there have been reap exchanges where I've spend more to ship then the gifts cost. Makes it hard to stay within a budget. I sometimes feel like I shortchange my victim trying to stay within a certain size box due to shipping costs. To me the cost of a card and a stamp is a low cost way to send "love and thoughts" to my haunting friends.

As for staying aeay because the site is now commercial, so many things are now either outright or secretly commercial, hasn't social media been in the news for the data tracking and mining they do? Does that stop anybody from being there? Heck can't get a sale price in the store without a loyalty card because someone has to track what I'm up to. Doesn't that mean I don't shop anymore? Buy on online heck just look an something and suddenly I have banner ads all over my web browser for that item. So this site being purchased for commercial reasons seems par for the course.

I love this resource and the people on here. A web site like this is only as good as the people on it and I think we have some great people here.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Yes a number of people do seem to have moved on to other things or places. I've noticed even the reaper exchanges have suffered from lower numbers to the point a few have been discontinued. I do kinda get that one what with the cost of postage ever increasing, there have been reap exchanges where I've spend more to ship then the gifts cost. Makes it hard to stay within a budget. I sometimes feel like I shortchange my victim trying to stay within a certain size box due to shipping costs. To me the cost of a card and a stamp is a low cost way to send "love and thoughts" to my haunting friends.

As for staying aeay because the site is now commercial, so many things are now either outright or secretly commercial, hasn't social media been in the news for the data tracking and mining they do? Does that stop anybody from being there? Heck can't get a sale price in the store without a loyalty card because someone has to track what I'm up to. Doesn't that mean I don't shop anymore? Buy on online heck just look an something and suddenly I have banner ads all over my web browser for that item. So this site being purchased for commercial reasons seems par for the course.

I love this resource and the people on here. A web site like this is only as good as the people on it, and I think we have some great people here.

I agree with everything you said; you hit it dead center. I also participate in the reaper exchange, and yes, the postage is a killer.

And yes, this forum; actually the people that participate and make it so unique, are a valuable asset and greatly appreciated. Sadly the numbers seem to be dwindling.

1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I agree with everything you said; you hit it dead center. I also participate in the reaper exchange, and yes, the postage is a killer.

And yes, this forum; actually the people that participate and make it so unique, are a valuable asset and greatly appreciated. Sadly the numbers seem to be dwindling.
Yea I don't get why the numbers are down, Halloween has become such a big ticket Holiday. As recently as 15 years ago I had trouble locating like minded people that's how I found both this place and a local haunters group. The haunter's group lost out to those thinking Facebook was the way to go and us old farts not being facebook savvy kinda faded away. I hope this place does not fade away... at least not till I do.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts