Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Sincere apologies if there is already another thread going for this--I searched a couple times and didn't see one!

Spookerstar, GraveyardQueen and I are all headed to the West Coast Haunters Convention this year. Its our first time and we are really looking forward to it. We are diving in with both feet attending the Friday haunt tour, Saturday Costume Ball, Sunday Movie Night and cramming in as many classes as we can in between. We also got rooms on the 13th Floor (although we won't be able to decorate to the level we would like since we are flying in and can only stuff so much Halloween mayhem into our luggage)!

Anyone else going or have tips you have learned from past years?

Registered
I doubt there is a thread for this.. in the past for whatever reason the TPTB at WCHC don't seem to be to into Halloweenforum boards. They tend to post at the other nameless Haunt forum. I don't get it most of us are on both what harm is there in posting in both places... whatever.

We haven't been in a few years. I recall when it was in Salem at the School campus... Smaller and more laid back, I think I actually enjoyed myself more there then after the move to Portland and the Hotel. Last time we went was 3 year now it still wasn't all that big, but alot of what is happening now was going on then, haunt tour, movie night, the ball. Some vendors didn't come because it was too small, some that came didn't have much with them again because it was too small a convention. So many things I might have purchased had they had it there when I had money in my hot little hand that weren't.

Some of the classes were great... certainly sit in on one of Leonard Pickle or Davis Graveyard talks. Since so many classes we wanted to do were held at the same time it helps to have a partner or two to go and take notes or video tape one you can't get to. There is LOTS of information... One can almost expire from info overload.

We never stayed on site so I can't speak for staying at the hotel. But there are plenty of places outside the hotel for food and a mall a short walk away. A nice little city park across the street to just go outside and take a breath. A Voodoo Donuts isn't too far of a stroll and is open 24 hrs.

Enjoy your trip and let me know how it when.

Typical Ghoul Next Door
There is a section devoted to the West Coast Haunter's Convention in the subsection for Haunts and Gatherings:

http://www.halloweenforum.com/west-coast-haunters-convention/

This thread has been shifted there.

Not sure why no one really posts or contributes about this Convention here - it's completely welcome here!

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Hello - sorry I did not reply sooner. I saw your post before we left but have had an awful time with being able to logon to the forum this year for some reason. (I can't seem to login and I get stuck in a loop trying to reset my password). For whatever reason I can't get it to display on my mobile at all! Frustrating. However I am happy to report we had an AMAZING time at the convention. We attended as many classes as we could on the first day but we ended up doing less the second two days since the party on the 13th floor was raging until 4am most nights! Learned a bunch, met some great people and had a great time with Spoookerstar and GraveyardQueen and danced the night away at the costume ball as Lock, Shock and Barrel. Thank you so much for your advice and tips!

I doubt there is a thread for this.. in the past for whatever reason the TPTB at WCHC don't seem to be to into Halloweenforum boards. They tend to post at the other nameless Haunt forum. I don't get it most of us are on both what harm is there in posting in both places... whatever.

We haven't been in a few years. I recall when it was in Salem at the School campus... Smaller and more laid back, I think I actually enjoyed myself more there then after the move to Portland and the Hotel. Last time we went was 3 year now it still wasn't all that big, but alot of what is happening now was going on then, haunt tour, movie night, the ball. Some vendors didn't come because it was too small, some that came didn't have much with them again because it was too small a convention. So many things I might have purchased had they had it there when I had money in my hot little hand that weren't.

Some of the classes were great... certainly sit in on one of Leonard Pickle or Davis Graveyard talks. Since so many classes we wanted to do were held at the same time it helps to have a partner or two to go and take notes or video tape one you can't get to. There is LOTS of information... One can almost expire from info overload.

We never stayed on site so I can't speak for staying at the hotel. But there are plenty of places outside the hotel for food and a mall a short walk away. A nice little city park across the street to just go outside and take a breath. A Voodoo Donuts isn't too far of a stroll and is open 24 hrs.

Enjoy your trip and let me know how it when.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts