Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have a Talking Tombstone from Costco. I thought it was working OK after assembly but once in the yard it won't trigger easily. One of the sensors was at a weird angle so I removed it, drilled a new hole and re positioned it thinking that would help but no luck. Is there an easy way to upgrade a sensor so the guests walking by don't need to be ~6" away?

There are 2 sensors - I'm not sure what does what.

Please let me know if more info is needed or if it would be easier if I take pictures :)

·
Registered
910 Posts
Sounds like an IR sender receiver......one of them sounds buggered. I believe one sends out an invisible IR field and the other picks up any movement or heat in that field. They may either be blocked, at bad angles or disconnected somewhere........just my two cents.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Double check all the wire connections. I received one that had multiple broken wires at the solder joints. Didn't want another project so I sent it back. The tombstone itself looked like it would stand up to several seasons but I doubt the electronics will last more than one season unless used inside.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts