Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 370 Posts

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess it's time to start a new thread for this years Halloween village discussions. What's everyones plans for their set ups? What are you hoping to see from Lemax, Dept. 56, or Tombstone Corners?

I'm hoping to see some alien themed pieces from Lemax, especially after not getting those alien head lamp posts that were shown in last years promo pics. Maybe they are saving those for a broader release this year?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Funny you started this thread Shadowbat, I was just about to get it going as well!

Department 56 has announced to wholesalers their 2017 Halloween line. I've been posting the pictures on my Spooky Villages facebook page but here is a link -
https://www.enescobusiness.com/category/d56+-+brands/villages/snow+village+halloween.do

Very strong line-up this year! I love Bat's Motel, The Skeleton House, Hattie's Hats and the Graveyard stuff.

I wrote about it recently on the site, but landing that huge haul of stuff and starting SpookyVillages.com last spring wound up being a lot of work and had me sort of burnt out by July. Luckily all that up front work is now done and while it took me a few months, my batteries are recharged.

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw your postings. I'm not real big fan of the Dept. 56 stuff. I do have one piece in my Spooky Town display though, the pumpkin tower. I think everyone has that one. lol

·
Registered
246 Posts
The pumpkin water tower is almost mandatory for any village I'd think. Not only does it look great and have substantial size, but it's also fairly inexpensive. A rarity for their stuff!

It's taken me a couple years to really find out what I want to focus on, but it's definitely the traditional spooky neighborhood. I plan on off-loading a lot of my stuff this year to focus on that (speaking of which, if anyone would like a bunch of pirate stuff at a great price, let me know). I really hope Lemax does something in the vein of Trick-Or-Treat House from last year, which was great.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hey Joe, this is Doug. Can't wait to purchase the Silk Mill and House on Corn Row a bit later this year! As soon as I can off-load some of the surplus spooky town stuff I have, your work is top priority.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey Doug! Nice to see you here! Can't believe I joined this forum 6 years ago and never posted. Well I'll try to be here more often. As always thanks for the kind words regarding my work. I promise you won't be disappointed. I guess I should start on those two pieces you mentioned. There will be a slight enhancement on the Silk Mill. Instead of the tower being formed with chicken wire, I am going to 3D print it then clay over it. This will make the windows more cleaner and the inside wont show the chicken wire.

I also have to get started on the next series for 2018 which will see:
Last Ride Hearse Dealership
Little House; Big Pumpkin!
Coffee Urn Café
Reclaimed
Pool of Blood

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Just got a peek at the new Dept. 56 preorders. Loving quite a few. Being a big NBC fan and seeing the pieces in that line along with a few others can be extremely dangerous for me. But OH the prices :(

·
Registered
170 Posts
funny you started this thread shadowbat, i was just about to get it going as well!

Department 56 has announced to wholesalers their 2017 halloween line. I've been posting the pictures on my spooky villages facebook page but here is a link -
https://www.enescobusiness.com/category/d56+-+brands/villages/snow+village+halloween.do

very strong line-up this year! I love bat's motel, the skeleton house, hattie's hats and the graveyard stuff.

I wrote about it recently on the site, but landing that huge haul of stuff and starting spookyvillages.com last spring wound up being a lot of work and had me sort of burnt out by july. Luckily all that up front work is now done and while it took me a few months, my batteries are recharged.

are you a rep for this stuff on the site that you linked??

·
Registered
246 Posts
Nope, I just started it for and run the site for fun. To be honest though, lately I've mulled over perhaps getting into product sales but I figure it wouldn't be worth the extra hassle.

·
Registered
246 Posts
2017 Spooky Town items announced! http://www.lemaxcollection.com/villages/spooky-town

A lot of Michael's rebrands sure, but the actual new items are pretty good! The camper, traditional spooky haunted houses, pet sitting place and frat house are great!

Keep in mind the Michael's stuff, usually the heavy hitters, aren't announced until summer so this year is boding very well.

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm very much impressed with this years offerings. It's a solid assortment. Can't wait to see the exclusive pieces.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Do those announced early get sold at Michael's? Or does MIchael's have its own exclusive line?

Last year was my first year doing the village and I had a lot of fun doing it but lots of frustration too. I spent quite a bit but just couldn't get it looking like how I envisioned in my brain. I'm just not crafty enough to do streets and roads.

The other issue is there are so many pieces I want like several of the Carnival pieces, Butcher Shop, Dead as a doornail, just so many classic pieces and they are so expensive and barely sold anywhere. I would assume if I kept checking Ebay I would find some deals on some where sellers were wanting to sell quick but that never seems to be the case. Also very few local sellers on Craigslist and KSL that seem to be selling these were i'm at. I guess I just have to splurge and spend a little money when I can. I'm shooting for one to two pieces a month until Halloween and then buying as much from Michael's as I can, to keep building the collection.

·
Registered
246 Posts
A couple of those items may be sold by Michaels during the season, but it's normally a crapshoot. Definitely though standard dealers like ehobbytools will.

Michaels will get 4-5 exclusive buildings which usually are announced/leak in early summer or late spring, as well as a couple smaller accessories.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I know these aren't 2017, but still...

I just finally snagged two pieces that have been on my list for a long time and I've never been able to get (because they're so pricey), I got a great deal on them!

Dept 56's LaGhosti Theater, and the Be Witching Costume Shop

1 - 20 of 370 Posts