Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
14,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happened to notice these suitcases when I stopped in a store today from It Luggage. The tagging on it says "New Ultra Strong", 10 year warranty. Perfect slide, 8 wheel spinners. Expander 25% Extra Capacity. Didn't check out the price.

If this year is similar to past years, Ross will start getting in Egyptian figurines and other cool items soon along with the spring merchandise. Last year found the large crocodile skulls and some Egyptian items on 2/22. Found a number of busts, human skulls and the large dinosaur skull back on 3/18-25 (check my 2016 shopping album for photos if you're interested). Didn't see any this trip but from my previous photos the February-March timeframe starts to get interesting. :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Going to Disney this year, this would be so easy to find at baggage pickup if it got there. Think a lot of people would be tempted to take it. Also afraid this would be the bag that really got a good going over. All said I still would love to have it.

·
Registered
14,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting comments. Not everyone flies when on vacation or going away to school but I can see it attracting a lot of attention at the airport, bag carousel, etc. It Luggage is a British company and in the luggage business for some time apparently and were the first to do the expanding pieces.

See that they are selling the It skull luggage on amazon (search "It Luggage Skull"). They even made a skull and roses patterned hard case set. Sure Ross' prices are pretty good and might beat Amazon's. All said, Ross does get in some interesting stuff! And it would look great in a Haunted Hotel.

·
Funeral Crasher
7,449 Posts
Nice looking luggage!

I don't know if I'd buy it, though. Be kinda creepy to fly with luggage that screams: "Day of the Dead". :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Going to Disney this year, this would be so easy to find at baggage pickup if it got there. Think a lot of people would be tempted to take it. Also afraid this would be the bag that really got a good going over. All said I still would love to have it.
yeah, man, this was my thought too.

·
Registered
933 Posts
These would make great storage cases for Halloween decore or even clothing

·
Registered
14,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Found this in the store today. Nice size for headstones, lightweight polystone (?), 12.99. First of the garden statutes I've seen that have halloween implications.

They did have probably 5-6 of the phrenology head busts on the shelf. Photos have been posted before in the Ross threads so didn't grab one. Only other thing I saw was glass hollow skulls in various colors like pink and blue/green, more decor use than halloween I thought.

Oh and I did look for the suitcases today but probably long gone. Was going to check on the price Ross was selling for to let you guys know.

·
Registered
14,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Found these book boxes at a Ross on the SF Peninsula (MV) and they were part of clearance items they had on the shelves (making way for new stuff soon?!). I immediately thought "perfect place for my Vampire slayer kit" that I had bought from BuyCostumes on clearance last year. And it fit!

The small book box was 6.49 and the two larger ones were 8.49 each. Plan to line the interior in red satin and also include a small cross and holy water vial.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Found these book boxes at a Ross on the SF Peninsula (MV) and they were part of clearance items they had on the shelves (making way for new stuff soon?!). I immediately thought "perfect place for my Vampire slayer kit" that I had bought from BuyCostumes on clearance last year. And it fit!

The small book box was 6.49 and the two larger ones were 8.49 each. Plan to line the interior in red satin and also include a small cross and holy water vial.

Perfect book boxes for the Vampire Hunter kit. I will definitely get one if I come across one. did you get the larger one or smaller one?

·
Registered
14,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Perfect book boxes for the Vampire Hunter kit. I will definitely get one if I come across one. did you get the larger one or smaller one?

Purchased the smaller of the two. My receipt gave the following dimensions: 11.75 x 8.75 x 3. After that it says "Md", so thinking maybe it's a medium size and maybe there were actually 3 sizes available at one time: sm, med and lrg--like nesting boxes.

·
Registered
14,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Was in a different store today. Looks like "Egyptian artifacts" are starting to emerge on the shelves. This was the only piece I saw today. She was 19.99 and tall like the Pharaoh from last year (who was not silver but black and gold). Figure they are companion pieces. Heavy like him as well. She is detailed all the way around like he was. Should have grabbed a photo of her back while I was at it. Sorry, but a nice piece.

Here's the Pharaoh from last year. Possible he could restocked but hard to say.

I'm not sure but think these all come from Design Toscano and they've had a silvery Egyptian theme this past year on their site.

Hoping we'll find a Horus bust this year to go along with last year's Anubis that ROSS sold. He looks like this:

Please post if you guys do! Definitely an item on my Must Find wish list :D

·
Registered
79 Posts
Only two or three Halloween-related items sighted at my stores, but i found *this* beauty and took him home with me!

IMG_20170804_150740468.jpg

As you can see by the coffee machine next to him for size, he's huge. 15 inches high, 6x8 inch base, $21.99. He was in a Ross with a well-stocked home decor area, along with two or three small seated silvery pharaohs, which I purchased last year. From the Toscano line, the same cast as this side table statue, just smaller and holding a candle base rather than a tray.

The cashier even commented on how pretty he is. Months of haunting Rosses finally paid off!

I haven't seen any sign of Horus yet, though :c keeping my eye out, @Ghost of Spookie!

·
Registered
161 Posts
This was at my local Ross today!!! It's starting!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
20170813_153226.jpg

20170813_153234.jpg

20170813_153241.jpg

20170813_153246.jpg

20170813_153321.jpg

20170813_153241.jpg

A few things starting to show up at Ross. I was excited to find the great Headless Horseman Nox Eterna posted above. I like him so much, he is pretty big too * about 17in high and 10 inches across at his middle widest point). Pumpkin lights up and detail is good. Made out of a resin type material. The light switch is on his back, not on the bottom of the statue, that is probably the only thing I don't like about it. 14.99 I think.
The cat in the first pic is all metal, I almost got him but changed my mind,

Also wanted one of the large skulls with the snakes, they were around last year but never found one in my stores. I walked out without it but now I'm second guessing...hate when that happens,

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
20170813_153253.jpg

20170810_125355.jpg

20170810_125401.jpg

With the exception of the HH , I think all of this was around last year . The HH may have been but I never saw him. These carved skulls were out last year and i got one, probably my favorite skull I own. It's really pretty and its teeth look old .

1 - 20 of 45 Posts