Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Read Only
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually start this thread around this time each year leading up to the Halloween Party Expo for all the fans of Distortions Unlimited out there. Here's what's new from Distortions so far (I'll update this as I see new things from them). Hopefully people attending the show this weekend can give more details and photos as they see them in person.

The Ancient Mummy $158

The Exorcism $396

Tipping Tombstone $232

Link to videos:

https://www.youtube.com/user/DistortionsUnlimited/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=1

Matthew

Attachments

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,558 Posts
I have three of their props and was considering another purchase last year but they had a 30% price increase which put them out of my league. I also asked a simple question about the increase on a Distortions forum and Ed replied with a snarky comment so they lost my business. Some of their stuff is pretty nice and some kind of cheesy in terms of costuming, detail, movement.

·
Soccer and Lacrosse Dad
1,773 Posts
I really like a lot of the sculpting and aesthetics but many of the mechanics and movements don't look any more impressive than what many forum members can build.

The witch looks great and I love her cauldron but the average home built Cauldron Creep has better movement.
The Animated Reaper is another great looking prop but why does the soundtrack sound as if he is sharpening his sickle when there's no sickle movement?
I would be more interested in these as static props depending on the price reduction as the animation is soso at best.

My favorites so far are the Whiz Kid with his cocky smile and the simple yet almost graceful movements and aesthetics of Grave Buster Barb.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,840 Posts
The mummy looks great & I agree on the witch, it would make a great mask or static prop but as a moving prop that doesn't have ANY mouth movement to go with the soundtrack it's not worth the money.

Also Whiz Kid?Really? Though I guess every year they have one that puts it toe across the line. I've also never been fond of the vomiting props no matter who manufacturers are.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,840 Posts
I agree, it's very impressive which means it's probably ridiculously expensive.

It seems as though they're repeating the same movements, rocking back & forth or left to right, in a lot of props. They always have a great look to them though.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I want the moving monument! I could only find crappy video on YouTube for the Halloween & Part Expo, but it looks like Morris is doing a version of The Darkness Krampus holding girl by her feet! Two versions actually, both look like they are substituting reapers for Krampus, one has the cauldron from Cauldron Creeper.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts