Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 Cemetery Walk Through - Edited with Day & Night versions and a bit of cool music

This is my first year having a full blown walking maze through my cemetery. We get around 600 kids and another 1200+ adults in our neighborhood and I was a bit scared of having most of them walk through my yard. A vast majority of these kids are under 10 years old so my props and scares lean towards the benign or even funny side. Even though, there were dozens of kids who turned around after about 20 feet and many cries and tears. It was an awesome success, everything in my maze is motion activated, and there were no actors so I didn't have to do anything other than maybe fix something knocked over or just slow down the parade of people entering. I mostly use Spirit props in the maze other than one coffin popper I made with fright props controllers.

The theme throughout was a cemetery with the addition of a spider section on the way to the big finale which is the called the bone yard. This section has the most tombstones and a bunch of skeletons doing crazy things, also I play the AtmosFX dvd of the skeletons through the shed door.

I hate the way black plastic looks for the walls of a walk through, so I decided on buying 100 yards of cheesecloth...dyeing it gray, and using Halloween lights to shine on the inside walls to make them hard to see through...I think the effect worked awesome and added a very creepy feel.

I edited this video to show what the walk through looks at both night and during daylight hours. I think it is interesting to see how it takes on such a different feel with the onset of darkness. The music is called "Intimidation" and was found on a royalty free site that I can't remember. The creepy vocals you hear sometimes are sound effects I use in the maze from a motion sensitive audio box.

·
Read Only
1,348 Posts
Use of Cheesecloth on Maze Walls

I totally agree with your feelings on black plastic as a way to divide mazes. Thanks for your idea. It definitely adds another level to the disorientation of the pathways and what's around the corner. Great job!

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,643 Posts
Good looking haunt and I like the contrasting videos showing day/night views. Walk throughs are just fun. Wish more people got into that level. You did a great job of setting up, prop placement and lighting too!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts