Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1110 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have bought less and less each year...last year nothing. Will still check out the offerings this year! Hoping for more monster pieces to go with Frank and his bride.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,082 Posts
I was checking out some sale stuff on Yankee Candle's site & saw there were still some closeout/sale Boneys left. Is that normal?

·
Registered
169 Posts
I was thinking about this the other day. I'm hoping for a piece with a cat (as I've focused my Boney collection on that). I do hope that some of them are smaller than they've been in the past few years. The Cat Nap one is huge and probably could have been almost half the size and still very nice.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I was checking out some sale stuff on Yankee Candle's site & saw there were still some closeout/sale Boneys left. Is that normal?
Not really. I think people are buying less and less and IMO it's Yankees fault.
Last year I bought 2 pieces. The boozy jar holder and the candy dish.
I've also thought about selling my pieces I wasn't crazy about. They're just taking up space and they don't make me happy like they used to.
I'm still excited to see new pieces though! I'm just not going to go overboard like I used to.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
this is their 10 year anniversary so hopefully we'll see some cool things.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I didn't buy any new ones this past year and I had already pretty much stopped buying them except for anything with Bonesy the dog. My last purchase what the dog house. I did buy a few things last year from their other fall/halloween items like the ghosts.

I am even entertaining the idea of selling some of the pieces I don't "love" and only like. Still too early to bring out the boxes.

Hope we can also use this thread to discuss other YC items and sales/coupons :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was genuinely disappointed when the bride and groom from 2016 was the same as 2015. I was gifted the 2014 set and purchased the 2015 set as an early wedding present for our house. I'm hoping 2017 will bring a new bride and groom.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Anyone taking advantage of their sale this weekend?
Buy any 3 Regular Price Items, Get 3 more Free! No Coupon Required :D

·
Registered
228 Posts
I was thinking about this the other day. I'm hoping for a piece with a cat (as I've focused my Boney collection on that). I do hope that some of them are smaller than they've been in the past few years. The Cat Nap one is huge and probably could have been almost half the size and still very nice.
I completely agree. I loved the look of Cat Nap until I actually received it; way too big. It is adorable but I regretted buying it. I was too lazy to return it. :eek: I love/collect all of the cat and dog Boneys but I doubt I will display this one again ( I did put it out last year because it was new ). Why oh why does it seem YC is heading in this direction. I wish they would scale them back in size. It is possible, if this trends continues, I may never buy another boney :( I already only buy a few each year but I could see not buying any this year and that does make me :(

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i think they are making them so large because it doesn't cost much more to make the HUGE pieces and then they can justify the much higher prices that we've seen over the last few years i, too, feel myself losing interest..i don't want huge pieces, i don't love the 'drunkards' and i want more Victorian style pieces. If they were SMART, they'd re-release Aunt HIlda and some of the original pieces.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I just got a bunch of stuff from Yankee yesterday for a great deal. I love their new black sands candle so I bought 2 (BOGOHO). I also bought a small jar candle of Sun and Sand (my #1 fave but my husband doesn't like it). that made me eligible for the mothers day tote for $25. I had a 50% off a $75 purchase so I got all this stuff for $40.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
it must be getting to be that time....well, the time we start obsessing over the BB.

I've been doing a lot of thinking about them since I'm pondering how to display mine in the new house we're buying. I was terribly disappointed last year...I hope they stop writing on them, make them smaller and go back to their Victorian roots.

1 - 20 of 1110 Posts