Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Undertaker
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went with the kids to Spirit Halloween tonight. I haven't been impressed with any thing they have put out in several years. I have to admit, tonight I was really impressed with the new props and the general atmosphere of the store. I haven't bought anything in years but tonight I dropped a 100.00 dollars. The new displays were pretty dang cool and I really enjoyed myself.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,640 Posts
My own experience with them this year was luke warm, as in the past few years. A lot of the same old stuff. The displays for the most part are well done but wasn't at all impressed with any of the new props with the exception of the gargoyles, which they didn't have for sale. Picked up some bats for our display. Still might go back for a msak or some small accessories I can use but it just seems rather blah to me. Glad you found some stuff. It's always fun to walk around in their stores to get ideas and just get your Halloween fix.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
The Spirit in Nashville, TN is huge this year. I finally went. They didn't have anything I needed but I spent a while walking around and looking at stuff. I would have gotten some of the glow in the dark skulls but the jaw is made from a different plastic that the skull and it looks weird, even in blacklight it's really obvious.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,099 Posts
If we're talking the actual store experience, I think each Spirit is unique. One near me could be horrible while the one near you might be awesome. It's a just a crapshoot & totally depends on the person running it & the employees.

If we're talking quality of props, that's a different story.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Has anyone seen the Fallout 4 Power Armor Helmets? I'm wondering if all Spirits might have them or not and if they're a cheapy type mask or if they actually have some quality to them.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I was impressed by plenty of the animatronics at Spirit this year. But the best new thing they had was the fully articulated masks. These are so well made, they allow you to talk without over-exaggerated jaw movement, in a way that looks totally real. Here's some video from Facebook showing my cat Beach Bum's reaction to the white werewolf mask Rose bought.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts