Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 219 Posts

·
Registered
14,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen some items from ROSS DRESS FOR LESS posted in the general shopping threads. Stopped in there yesterday and thought maybe it was time for a yearly thread as more items become available. At this time of year generally garden and decorative statutes are the main items for modifying.

This nice large polyresin crocodile skull will go in our garden among the palm trees and do double time come halloween pirate or swamp themes.

Didn't find the really nice black and gold pharaoh bust someone posted finding in their store (general or buy/find shopping thread), but did find this little supply of Anubis.

I think someone might have found this lady's bust for modifying in their store too but took a photo anyway. Lightweight polyresin and decent size.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
I love these threads ! I posted a few pics from Ross in the general 2016 merch thread but I will put them here as well since this is where they really belong.
I want one of the Anubis statues, its so cute. I've wanted to do an Egyptian theme ( I have the two large mummy's from GR and never really used them) .
Here is what I found a few days ago , stuff for egyptian, fortune teller and just some skull book ends.
Egypt Ross.jpg

Ross Gypsy.jpg

Ross bookends.jpg

·
Registered
628 Posts
I'm liking that croc skull. Well all the stuff actually but most specially the croc. Never heard of that store but then again I'm not what you would call a shopper'

·
Registered
14,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm liking that croc skull. Well all the stuff actually but most specially the croc. Never heard of that store but then again I'm not what you would call a shopper'

I should have put up their website for newbies who might like to check for a location near them. My bad :p. I believe ROSS is pretty much national here in the U.S. Here it is:

http://www.rossstores.com

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
The closest Ross is about 80 miles from me, in a town I have no other reason to visit. I like their stuff, but not quite enough to make a special trip that far. I can get a friend to pick some stuff up for me (at an out of state store), but it would be more fun to browse.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
The closest Ross is about 80 miles from me, in a town I have no other reason to visit. I like their stuff, but not quite enough to make a special trip that far. I can get a friend to pick some stuff up for me (at an out of state store), but it would be more fun to browse.
I think your right. Unless you are just up for a small day trip one day and there are other places you can go in that town then it isn't worth it to go just for Ross and that is coming from someone who loves Ross. BUT ! they are so hit or miss, the shelves are not full at all, sort of sparse and you have to luck up on things. If you see something you like you better get it because it could be the only one they get. I passed on a day of the dead skull last month and of course when I went back it was gone, I've been to 6 Ross's in my area just hoping to find it again with no luck. I've heard in larger cities they have well stocked shelves but in all the stores near me, not so much.

·
Registered
14,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My closest location is a small store and the crocodile was the only one on the shelf. The other photos were taken at a larger location. Lots of anubus but no croc.
And as disembodied voice said, it's hit or miss. But when someone posts a photo if taken recently it's a good time to check your local stores for the same inventory.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Just went to our closest Ross tonight. Got an Anubis statue and a large silver statue of a cobra in a raised striking pose. I may try to tone down the silver look on the snake or change it to an aged bronze eventually so it will look more like its sat around in a tomb for a long time, but for right this minute he seems pretty happy sitting by our bedroom door scaring the wife. lol. I would post pics, but unfortunately I don't have my camera fixed yet. hopefully soon.

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
Checked out our Ross. Did not find anything particular cool as pictured above. The shelves were very empty.
I did, stumble upon a funky looking shower curtain I grabbed, that might work into my Voodoo Spa theme in my bathroom. LOL
I went next door to Marshalls, and did find a big glass skull. Kind of an upside-down jar. Only $9.99. It's HEAVY too. haha

·
Registered
14,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Was going to check out Hobby Lobby but ended up in another direction so stopped in ROSS instead during lunch. The anubis statue was gone from this location but I found this pharaoh statute instead. Liked it a lot and it was quite heavy, made of some stone composite, 9.99. I wonder if we'll start seeing more Ancient Egyptian items this year given that it was in the news yesterday that researchers believe they have found 2 undiscovered chambers in King Tut's tomb, maybe one for Queen Nefertiti.

I know people liked the large bust that I found a few weeks ago (photo above in thread) and today saw a smaller bust, similar materials and style. Guessing this one was more like 10-12 inches. 8.99.

I see these heavy, rather large cast iron skeleton key sets at ROSS' in my area all the time. Grabbed a photo today since they are back in stock.

·
🎃 | )ark ( )verlord 🎃
1,095 Posts
I was thinking it was too premature, but looks like they have Halloween themed goodies already.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Omg, I'm gonna have to get to a Ross. Need a little Halloween boost right about now.

i can't believe those keys are only $5.00!

·
Registered
14,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Stopped in a different Ross today and they had the lady bust in Post #15 there. She's 11-1/2 inches tall BTW. They had one anubis left (think this was the location that orig had 4 in my earlier photo). He is 14 inches tall if I recall correctly and pretty heavy. Didn't pick him up but if he's still there next trip in might add him to my tomb cache. Yesterday I saw a set of Featerstone pink flamingo lawn guys (skelimingos) in the store but didn't take a photo.

·
Registered
14,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
These were from yesterday's trip to 2 stores. The caftans can be a great find. Lots in stock now, reg. 9.99. I did find a bunch at one store on clearance for 6.99. Depending on the print, nice for Voodoo High Priestess or fortune teller maybe. I bought one on clearance last year that was an animal print and will be used for my jungle witch doctor prop costume.

Some stores get in quite a few of the busts.

1 - 20 of 219 Posts