Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the thread to post your lists of things wanted/needed for 2016. There is another thread to post pictures of things received this year as Pay It Forward gifts. Be sure to send a private message to payitforward surprise. These addresses will be available to members wishing to send an item or items to another Forum member in a Pay It Forward way. No strings attached---just a great way to pass unneeded things on to others who might need or use them.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
I haven't participated since 2014 but my info is still the same. Do I need to submit it again?
ditto this ! I kept meaning to update last year and just never got around to it. I feel pretty sure payitorward surprise has my addy but will gladly resubmit if needed. I don't want to clog an inbox if unnecessary.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
I don't see any lists but I will go ahead and start mine and send my info if needed later

I would love some fake plants, vines , bushes that would be suitable for outside ( no flowers on them, I don't want them pretty lol, so just green, brown, deep purple leaves ect)

Zombie heads pretty close to realistic size, foam, latex ,plastic, resin, whatever, need them for outdoors , i need 2 of these, I'm really surprised how hard it is finding these right now.....maybe someone out there is over zombies and is looking to purge some good zombie heads ! A girl can hope.

Anything that is real and witchy, herbs, candles, pentagrams, mortar and pestle, any witchy supplies.

pretty short list right now, might add more if I think of things but so far this all I'm searching for. I appreciate anything anyone thinks I could use or would like. I look forward to more lists, see if i can get rid of some of my stash.

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,278 Posts
... I could kick myself because I looked at them several times and passed...oh well, I was trying to stop my hoarder tendencies and look where it got me..out of luck ...
Hoarder tendencies? No! Just tell yourself it's for Halloween and therefore is OK to buy 10 or 100 or 1000! :D Actually I have three totes full of newspaper, packing paper, paper towel rolls and other "trash" that I have reserved for paper mache projects. I've told myself that if I haven't found a use for it within the year, it has to go! :D And we shall not talk about the other boxes and totes full of Halloween stuff. :rolleyes:

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,278 Posts
Here's my list so far:

I need a fence finial or two. I'm planning on building a PVC fence later this year and am going to attempt to cast some finials with paper clay. So old or new really doesn't matter.

Foam (plastic is OK too) skulls or wig heads are always welcome. They don't have to be in perfect shape either as I'm going to creep them up.

Crystals that a witch/folk healer may use

I drastically changed my 2016 plans this year due to illness in my family. Still working on the fence idea and planning that as one of my main projects for 2017.

·
Registered
268 Posts
How fun is this! :) I sent my information in a couple of months ago but never got to making a list for I was busy doing reapers :)

I am pretty easy going and easy to please, or at least I think I am! I will just post about what I like as I don't really need anything for a haunt as I don't do one (live way too far off the road for one :( ) but having other things besides junk mail show up is always a nice thing!

I like: Ravens, Bats, Wolves, Spiders, Cats, Pitbulls, Bloodhounds, daffodils, wild flowers, broken jewelry, clock/watch pieces, scrap book papers and embellishments. Adding to my list, ghosts, day of the dead, I collect oddity items (post mortem, funerary, taxidermy, bones (real), skulls (real), etc.), I just bought a sewing machine and a silhouette cameo so anything for those (material wise). Crating items are always a hit (charms, wood boxes, things to upcycle) :)

If we pick someone to send something to ... we contact PIF Surprise for that persons information? Just want to make sure for when I pick someone :)

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,278 Posts
If we pick someone to send something to ... we contact PIF Surprise for that persons information? Just want to make sure for when I pick someone :)
Yes, that's how it worked in the past.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I signed up last year and never did anything else about it, but this year I'm going to put forth more effort in PIF....I've been checking out thrift stores in anticipation!

So far, the only things I can think of to look out for, in regards to me, are:

Any vintage Halloween items that need a good loving home - but then again, we all love vintage, pretty much, so that's wishful thinking....:D

A really think/cushy Xmas/Hanukkah colors (but it doesn't have to be holiday print or anything) quilt or twin-sized comforter. I have terrazo floors, so after careful consideration in our house, we've decided to keep the breakable glass/smashable ornaments on their own tree. I picked up a shorter white tree on clearance this year for this purpose, and I'm planning to wrap the quilt/comforter around the base like a tree skirt, but it'll be out there a bit more. Since this is a shorter tree, we're hoping the cushiness of the quilt/comforter will catch any ornaments that do come off (6 cats, remember? lol) so they won't shatter/explode.

Postcards - not used ones - I trade postcards on postcrossing.com, so I try to keep my eye out for these things at Goodwill & the like.

Old gothic paperbacks - the used book store that I used to get them from closed, and they're rare as hen's teeth for some reason around here. I've only had luck at one other used book store, and that place is so disorganized, it's like finding a needle in a haystack. I haven't had much luck in the thrift stores or library used book shelves either for these (why yes, I LOVE to read - why do you ask? lol)

If I think of anything else, I will edit this list, but that's all I got right now....

I've added y'all's list to my phone, and a huge thrift store in my area is having a big sale this weekend, so I'll be thinking of y'all! :D

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,278 Posts
Old gothic paperbacks - the used book store that I used to get them from closed, and they're rare as hen's teeth for some reason around here. I've only had luck at one other used book store, and that place is so disorganized, it's like finding a needle in a haystack. I haven't had much luck in the thrift stores or library used book shelves either for these (why yes, I LOVE to read - why do you ask? lol)
What authors and types do you like? I'm not much of one for romance novels unless they have some sort of Gothic twist to them. Also what era? One of the thrift stores I visit has an "all you can carry" book day and I will keep an eye out. :)

·
Registered
502 Posts
I have most of the more well-known authors, like Barbara Michaels, Victoria Holt, and the classics, like Rebecca, but I'm looking for the slightly-harder-to-find stuff. I've found a few of the Harlequin Gothic series and a few of the Zebra Gothic series (these were printed at the tail-end of the gothic surge, in the 80s), but most of the surge was in the late 60s and throughout the 70s. Here's a link or two if you wish to see more of what I'm referring to....

http://www.mysteryfile.com/Gothics.html

http://flashbak.com/loads-of-women-running-from-houses-the-gothic-romance-paperback-150/

And thank you for asking lizzyborden! :D I think if one of the thrift stores had an "all you can carry" book day around here, I'd surely injure something! lol

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,091 Posts
I have most of the more well-known authors, like Barbara Michaels, Victoria Holt, and the classics, like Rebecca, but I'm looking for the slightly-harder-to-find stuff. I've found a few of the Harlequin Gothic series and a few of the Zebra Gothic series (these were printed at the tail-end of the gothic surge, in the 80s), but most of the surge was in the late 60s and throughout the 70s. Here's a link or two if you wish to see more of what I'm referring to....

http://www.mysteryfile.com/Gothics.html

http://flashbak.com/loads-of-women-running-from-houses-the-gothic-romance-paperback-150/

And thank you for asking lizzyborden! :D I think if one of the thrift stores had an "all you can carry" book day around here, I'd surely injure something! lol
i will keep my eye out for some over here too :)

·
Registered
388 Posts
Theme Description:
I do a yard display featuring a large cemetery with roaming creatures, Jack-O-Lantern tree, and a garage walkthrough featuring a foyer and portrait gallery, dungeon, jungle/swamp scene, Egyptian collection, a spider realm, and a witch's shack. I try to be fairly realistic and classic, without venturing into gore. I'm always looking for things to complement these themes.

Here is a link to a previous display of mine: http://www.halloweenforum.com/general-halloween/140536-my-haunted-estate-2014-a.html

Likes and wants:
Unique tombstones
Wooden/primitive crosses/tombstones
Garden statues that would be at home in a cemetery
Gargoyles
A primitive windchime using bones
Swamp or voodoo items
Shrunken heads
Skulls on spikes/posts/tiki lanterns
Cemetery residents (groundbreakers, zombies, zombie gnomes, etc)
Orange, green or purple string lights
Spotlights, strobes and outdoor lighting
Chains, locks, keys
Antiques or items that would be at home in a haunted house
An antique-looking radio or phonograph
Busts
Creepy framed photos
Apothecary jars
Unique potion bottles, jars, things to take the witch's area up a notch
Hanging primitive witch jars
Flameless or flickering pillar candles or tealights
Carvable pumpkins
Vultures, bats, snakes, frogs
Bones (like the Bags of Bones stores sell)
Skeletons
Decrepit skeletons, groundbreakers, swamp creatures, etc.
Skeleton Dogs (I really want the skeleton beagle or dachsund)
Skeleton Fish (as many as I can get!)
A life-size Sam from Trick 'R Treat
Monkey Chimes or Bleeding Woman Bust from Spirit
Disney Christmas ornaments (don't have to be Christmassy - I'd love to get the Haunted Mansion ghost and bust ornaments, etc)
Haunted Mansion or Disneyland memorabillia
Store-bought or handmade are both awesome and equally appreciated!

Dislikes/Don't needs/Have too much of already:
Anything featuring black cats or skeleton cats
Anything featuring zombie or harmed animals
Excessive gore, severed heads/arms, etc.
Apocalypse, Zombie Outbreak or Toxic Meltdown items
Cutesy, glitter or country items
Indoor decor, party items, dishwear, clothing, food/candy, real candles (just don't use or need)
Zombie babies
Clowns/circus items
Licensed characters (Jason, Freddy, Scream, etc)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts