Halloween Forum banner

441 - 460 of 732 Posts

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Maybe Martha Stewart is their vendor for it?

BTW I checked out a few items last night that were in limited quantity in my nearby stores and then checked them out again this morning. All but one store now has 0 or 1 left in stock and the rest of the 21 stores in my area say it can be delivered to the store within a short time frame. I think everyone is ready to pounce on this stuff. If people don't go online to see what's available to order for shipping to home or the store, I think they will miss out on a lot of what's available.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Our HD doesn't have their display out yet but they are showing stock in store. I was able to have them pick 6 of the skellies and a projector from the back for me!

·
Registered
436 Posts
I pulled the trigger on a skeleton horse....all your guys fault. ;) I have to wait until late August for it to ship according to the website.

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Water heater maintenance guy came for a scheduled yearly check up today. Water heater is in our garage so we got up early and moved the built horse we had stored there from last weekend out to our front porch (out of view of people from street). And wouldn't you know it, before hubby could get outside to meet him at his truck, he rings the doorbell. Hubby answers the door and the maintenance guy says "horse looks like he needs to be fed". I can hear all the comments from people come halloween already! Sure some will be doozers. So after the guy leaves, we head back to the porch to do an experiment for me on adding a rider. Not sure yet how he will be supported, if I use this full head mask it makes the CB skeleton top heavy. Might have to get creative with tall rebar coming up the horse's rib cage and under the warrior's clothing. That or plan for something much lighter in weight. However in 90+ degree heat, figure this is a problem to ponder another day. :cool:

Anyway here's what my jungle native warrior, who will be standing guard protecting the jungle encampment (with all the ToT candy), may look like. Will play with a few masks and wigs as we get closer. Very curious to see what others decide to do with riders on their horse and how you approach the issue of securing them.

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
BTW after posing the rider on the horse, we broke him down and packed him away for storage in the garage. What a breeze taking him apart with the tool. Seriously very little time to disassemble. Looked at the staged photos I took when we first unpacked him to see how his head fit in the rib cage and such in the box and got everything back inside there, no problems. Big relief!

·
Registered
89 Posts
To all the people who have their Home Depot skeleton horse...
Is it possible to pose him standing on his rear legs?
Are the back legs movable to allow this or are they in a fixed position?
Thanks!

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
I'd consider him to be fixed position. Someone here with welding and all kind of other creative skills might cut his bones apart (which have steel rods in them) and rearrange his structure and create extra support for that type of a pose, but unless you are one of those people consider him in a fixed standing pose as you see him.

·
Registered
508 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Picked up my horse (Pony Stark) at HD Friday night. We opted for store pickup because our UPS drivers will not leave deliveries on the porch. The box was a bit too big for our Hyundai Accent, so we just pulled it out of the box and transported it in the back seat.

FullSizeRender.jpg
IMG_4794.jpg

Of course we had to assemble him as soon as we got home. As has been noted by others, he is huge. And relatively easy to assemble/disassemble.

I think the cats like him.

IMG_4800.jpg

IMG_4802 (2).jpg

IMG_4808.jpg

IMG_4816.jpg

·
Registered
268 Posts
I saw the chainsaw at At Home on Saturday for $29.95. It wasn't with the Halloween section, though, it was up near the cashiers with the Star Wars buckets.

Arrgh So now HD has the headless horseman as well. Looks like it's the same one cvs had last year.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Home-Accents-Holiday-65-in-Headless-Horseman-with-Jack-O-Lantern-Head-4302-72089HD/206762922

They also have a cool gemmy chainsaw with a moving blade and sound for a reasonable price!

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Gemmy-Animated-Rusty-Chainsaw-with-Sound-and-Lights-55578/206054241

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'm a little late crawling out from under my rock and visiting this forum. However, I needed some inspiration to start working (or finishing) this year's projects. And what do I find? A horse skeleton! I've always wanted a pony, and this one won't need to have his stable cleaned. Seriously, though, I have been wanting a horse skeleton to go with the rest of the menagerie. The horse is backordered, so he won't arrive until the end of the month. That's okay, I need to find a place to put him anyway.

441 - 460 of 732 Posts