Halloween Forum banner

81 - 100 of 341 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Not sure why people against items showing in stores quote on quote early. Ever since mid to late 70's it's been the same time frame. Arts and crafts stores always start by may sometimes if lucky you might get some items out in April not not as often.

However in the last 6 to 7 years items actually coming out a little later then they use to do to the complaint of many. Which I never understood why people don't scream at these same stores cone January and sometimes Dec already putting bathing suits out. But atlas in life you can never make everyone happy.

Ike's phone

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,454 Posts
A lot of craft stores have Christmas stuff all year but I've never seen fall/Halloween in May anywhere. Not even in Michaels. I've seen it late July/early August but then we don't have Hobby Lobby around here & they seem to do all the holidays earlier than everyone else.

The worst part is everyone hates early seasonal stuff in general, from bathing suits in January to Halloween in May, but yet the majority of us have bought early seasonal stuff at some point, whether it's sandals in February or fall decor in July, myself included.

Since there won't be a massive boycott of early seasonal stuff to prevent them from doing Christmas in June, we just gotta gripe about it somewhere & try to not buy the junk early.

But we all know if you don't buy some things early, you may never get that stuff again or ever, so all we're left with is griping & gripe I will!!:D

I'm still bummed we can't find any of the Michaels Fakekins earlier than August at best.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Here in MN a lot of people take off for a week or two in Jan or Feb. Swim suits and flip-flops sell pretty well that time of year :)

We seem to be a bit later to get a lot of the seasonal stuff, though. Not much shows up for Halloween until after the Back to School stuff moves out. It's often mid Sept. before that happens in the non-craft stores. People on the Forum are sharing news of their Target, Walgreen, and Home Goods purchases before shelves get stocked in my area.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
No photos...sorry. Check out the garden section of your local K-Mart. They have some awesome resin angels in various sizes that would be perfect for use in a cemetery scene. Here are a couple of links to them. Keep an eye out for season clearance prices as the summer goes on.

http://www.kmart.com/search=angel%20garden%20statue

This is my favorite and a great price!

http://www.kmart.com/10inch-kneeling-angel-with-solar-candle/p-028W007777537001P?prdNo=4&blockNo=4&blockType=G4

Eric
I am definitely going to pick this angel up for use on a headstone!

Eric

·
Far Away Eyes
3,354 Posts
Here in MN a lot of people take off for a week or two in Jan or Feb. Swim suits and flip-flops sell pretty well that time of year :)

We seem to be a bit later to get a lot of the seasonal stuff, though. Not much shows up for Halloween until after the Back to School stuff moves out. It's often mid Sept. before that happens in the non-craft stores. People on the Forum are sharing news of their Target, Walgreen, and Home Goods purchases before shelves get stocked in my area.
Here too. Gives me a chance to make a list of what to look for each year. (Like I need the encouragement, hahaha.)

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
While not specifically Halloween, these two super cheap items are definitely useful for prop making.

Dollar Tree is now carrying spray adhesive! I don't know about the quality because I didn't try it yet, but I should be starting projects next week when my middle son starts summer school. :)

The second photo is harder to tell what it is, but those are emerald green faceted "gems" found in the floral aisle of Dollar Tree.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sweet Jesus look what sign is already up?! My heart is soo happy! ����������������������⚰��

Attachments

·
Registered
460 Posts
While not specifically Halloween, these two super cheap items are definitely useful for prop making.

Dollar Tree is now carrying spray adhesive! I don't know about the quality because I didn't try it yet, but I should be starting projects next week when my middle son starts summer school. :)

The second photo is harder to tell what it is, but those are emerald green faceted "gems" found in the floral aisle of Dollar Tree.

Awesome! I'm hoping to get to Dollar Tree soon to stock up on household supplies & scout out early Halloween products. Will keep an eye out for the spray adhesive too!

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
I rarely get into a ZGallerie Store but found this cool Raven black carved skull candle online there. Pretty life-sized I say. Can't ever imagine wanting to burn the candle though!

http://www.zgallerie.com/p-17775-raven-carved-skull-candle.aspx

they have a 15% off sale thru Monday 6/13 (Code DECOR15) listed on their website right now on certain categories and the skull is part of the home decor category it can apply to.

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Pier 1 has some halloween items listed already when I did a search for Halloween. The candelabras (table and floor) are kind of Victorian with the black crystals on them. If anyone is looking for lanterns in general they have quite a variety. I could see some of the caravan-style/Morrocan-style lanterns looking great in my "striking snake in the basket" outdoor marketplace setting/part of tomb raider theme. The really large lanterns are expensive to use as a prop only ( although on sale right now) but are really nice. Some of those styles appear to come in a smaller version.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
81 - 100 of 341 Posts