Halloween Forum banner

41 - 60 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Looks cool! I will have to visit my Costco soon! I think I would want to re-dress and raise the two outer witches so that the middle one stirring the caldron was the shortest. Maybe even add a little additional Shiatsu action to them. Looking forward to reviews from anyone buying one of these!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I could definitely see raising them up and getting a better outfit. I do look forward to hearing what the reviews are however soon enough I guess I can give a review myself.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,100 Posts

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
only difference I see is that the Costco one is stirring and the home depot one this year the witch in the middle is holding a book instead of a stirring stick. Last year Home Depot had them as mentioned the one in the middle had a stirring stick as well.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
this year home depot also has that tombstone pop up corpse spirit sold that one a few years back

the corpse reanimated prop was sold online a few years back as well grandin road sold a version of him too

·
Registered
718 Posts
I bought that same set of witches from Home Depot last year. Honestly after returning two of them for the same reason I gave up and got a refund. Both of them started trying to go through a phrase, getting two words out and then starting over again and had only been running 15-20 min! Hopefully that problem isn't occuring with the ones manufactured for this year.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Costco Skeletons are online now! $39.99 includes shipping

Just bought 6

Last year we went to buy them online mid September and they sold out, so we made sure we started looking in July

·
Registered
414 Posts
Anyone know if Canada is likely to get whatever is in the US stores & online store?
It's been hit and miss years past. I was at mine and they had costumes, playdough, regular skellies and a wreath. The wreath was nice, but kinda cutsey for this crowd, and I don't need any more wreaths. I was tempted to grab another skellie, but I am saving my money for some custom builds and cosplay.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I am also definitely interested in these witches from Costco! They also have a really nice Reaper. I might try to sell my old one to upgrade...

If anyone purchases these witches, let us know what the general consensus on quality is. I don't want to store and spend that much on something crappy.

Thanks! :D

·
Registered
443 Posts
Was at a Costco yesterday & a mother had her little girl in the cart right next to the witches. Girl was probably 5-6 years old & started crying because she got scared. The witches are nice but too short in my opinion.

·
Super Moderator
5,823 Posts
Local Costco had the pirates.

I don't want pirates.

Bought 3.

Own 2 of the old Costco skeletons, one of which broke. (but then, if you strap it to the hood of a van, drive to California, and use it as a Ragnar wagon, what do you expect?) ((ironically it was someone's kids when the van come home that actually broke it))

PLAN: Take apart one, and my broken one, to turn 2 of the pirates into regular skeletons (really, no one is going to notice that the one skeleton has 2 left feet).

Use the 2 deconstructed skeletons to build other props.

Yield: 3 regular skeletons, 2 ribcage/skulls/spines for props.

Talia gets 3 skeleton birds.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,488 Posts
I've tried to see if an existing thread already had been active, but so far it's just specific items - multiple threads on their skeletons, witches, gargoyles - so I'm creating this to put all the 2016 Costco threads together.

Merging to make it easier for all to find Costco items in one place (and lessen the numerous threads regarding their items).

41 - 60 of 106 Posts