Halloween Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Time for another trip to Target! I was just there 2 days ago and none of the Halloween was discounted.....they just had a $5 off $30 coupon on any Halloween purchase. I have been wanting that sisal lighted reaper and ghost but they have been unavailable online. I'm hoping I can get them to sell me the store display!
Visited Target last night and everything was still regular priced. Plenty of decorations sitting on the shelves at full price. Saw plenty I wanted but felt the value was closer to 50% -60% of retail so if it doesn't drop by at least that much they can keep it.

CVS was 33% off and I went ahead and purchased a couple pose and stays. Really wanted to see if it dropped more during the weekend but didn't want to chance inventory being gone.

Michaels - 70% off and inventory was reduced to almost nothing. Found 4 of the larger styro grave markers crammed on a bottom shelf and bought all of them...$4.97 each.

Kroger - they had signs posted on the shelves saying 40% off and then they had the price tags on some decorations that were 50% of retail. I was so hoping I stumbled on a 40% off of a 50% off deal. I was about to buy them out of everything. LOL Had a great store clerk help me check pricing and everything was ringing up to the 50% off retail price. Was able to pick up 5 bag of bones for $5ish each.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Went to Lowes and got 2 of the red and orange swirl lights. And I also went to Home Depot and pickup 2 of the screw in flicker bulbs and the projection light. The Target in my area still had retail prices on their Halloween decorations. I did get some of the small mice skeletons from Grandin Road. They had a 50% deal off the sale price. So I got them for $1.50 each.:D

·
Registered
13,767 Posts
Home Depot online has taken further markdowns on things recently lowered like Reanimated monster. Now $74.50. They've also included props not marked down recently so more to chose from on clearance now. Worth your look. The HD in San Jose I went to to pick up my Reanimated earlier in the week was definitely scaling back and both my HDs and Lowes had Xmas out in a big way. My 2 Lowes were nearly bare.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Any word on K-Mart. I want a wolfie when on sale. Waiting for Walgreens to have a sale so I can pic up a few more posable skellies. Right now they are $40 and want to pick up two more when they hit $20 each. But being as Halloween is tomorrow I guess I can wait a few days. OMG Halloween is tomorrow.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Does Home Goods stuff ever go on sale? We have 3 stores in my city, but they are all about 30 min away, so rather than waste time and gas I thought you all may know?

·
Registered
575 Posts
I picked up the animated jumping spider for $30 (regularly $60) at Home Depot just now. Now to get it assembled and in the yard after work before trick or treaters show up. They had quite a few odds and ends and a decent selection of full-size stuff, many marked down to 50% or lower.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Was in Home Depot yesterday and Saturday. Not too much left, but nothing was on clearance yet. Was hoping to snag some fire and ice lights. They still had quiet a few in stock so hopefully I can get lucky tomorrow!

·
Registered
13,767 Posts
Needed to stop in to CVS today and they had what's left of their halloween on 50% off sale. Wasn't looking for anything but walked past a few of those talking candle sticks and group of dripping candles and gave in.

I received an email from Spirit Halloween about their 50% off clearance sale. Their website says stores will be open Today and Wednesday from 10am - 7pm but that probably depends on the store based on my past experience with stores in my area.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,826 Posts
Home Depot does have most of their Halloween on clearance, but things like the projector are NOT. They said because there is also Christmas stuff on there, that they don't consider it Halloween enough to clearance. :p

My location had lots of fire/ice/time tunnel, phantasm (?) versions of the lights, lots of JoLs, some smaller inflatables and a few witches and pirate skeletons that have the motion trigger, sound activated vultures, jumping spiders (were $30, now $15), etc...

Pier 1 has all Halloween left at 50% off. Some cute things too but the stores are pretty sparse - check online if you like their type of decor.

1,196 Posts
Was hoping to get the horse skelly at HD alas it's discounted but none available within 100 miles of me.... hope they have them again next year... better yet I hope costco has it next year.

Pickings were a little slim everywhere I went yesterday for the after sales... Target NOTHING.. Home Depot a few lights... Party City here doesn't do any discount. the best was World Market they still have a number of the Frankenstein pillows and plates... Bummer is I got most of what I wanted from them only to find today they are online even cheaper... GRRRRR.

·
Registered
13,767 Posts
Party City's sister store, Halloween City, email says 50% off all decorations & props and 30% off all costumes and accessories. Last day of business 11/3.

1,196 Posts
HUMMM Party City has a sale.... must not be in store I drove past my local one everything was boxed up and cleared out on Nov 1... the clerk who had been there over 16 years told me point blank we NEVER have an after Halloween sale EVER....

21 - 40 of 47 Posts