Halloween Forum banner

41 - 60 of 210 Posts

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Doing some brainstorming today on Mr. Freeze's Thermodynamic Ice Ray Beam.
Screen Shot 2016-02-27 at 2.10.02 PM.jpg

I suppose I could make this version easy enough with a poster tube. But I want to add some functionality to it. Not sure if I can pull it off. I picked up a cheap inflatable and took the blower component out. It has lights attached to it.
blower_gun.jpg

I'm thinking to set up my parts like this. The blower would be inside the flower pot with the lights trailing into the tube. Figure I would paint the cords white to look better. The freeze gun would be silver and blue. For the party I could turn the blower on with white cheese cloth or some type of streamers shooting out.
gun_prototype.jpg gun2_blower.jpg

The front of the gun would be top heavy so this idea might not work out. It would be cool as sh** to do an ice shooting effect with the blower like in this video idea. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG_m2ELgUBo If this doesn't work out, I might try to recreate ice shards shooting out with poster board and Epsom salt. And use the blower somewhere else in the scene. Screen Shot 2016-02-27 at 2.17.37 PM.jpg

Have to say, I'm super excited that this season of Gotham is featuring Mr. Freeze. I'm devoting quite a bit of area to him. More guests should recognize the character thanks to the show.

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Forget everything I said. The first idea was not looking streamlined enough. On a whim I stuffed in all these icicle lights into my tube and it looks pretty cool. Exactly how I'd imagine an ice ray gun to look. Even has icicles shooting out of the nozzle. And when the husband approves, you know it's looking good. This will sit next to my Mr. Freeze character prop.
ray_gun1.jpg
ray_gun2.jpg

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I was so excited about the freeze ray that I wanted to get my parts together for Mr. Freeze. He is....a bit green! Will have to get a blue plasma light. I'm going to try and fit blue string lights through my tubing. This is very rough, pre-paint and embellishments. Looks promising.
mrfreeze1.jpg
mrfreeze2.jpg

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Took advantage of some nice weather today and spray painted my Shakespeare bust. He's now as shiny as a new penny. For those unaware, Bruce Wayne would pull back the head of his Shakespeare bust to reveal a button that would open the secret door to the bat cave. I saw a tutorial for making your own hinged bust with a button. But I couldn't risk destroying the one I had. I was lucky enough to snag this at a garage sale last summer.
shake1.jpg shake2.jpg

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
It's an election year. Thought it would be fun to have some of the guests where Gotham City related political pins. I found these all online and printed off my own. I plan to put Gotham political candidate posters up in our kitchen.
political_pins.jpg

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Got some more work done. First off, the Batphone! Couldn't believe a friend of mine still had one of these old phones packed away. Simple spray paint job. That will go in the Bruce Wayne study with the Shakespeare statue.
batphone.jpg

This heart is full of Harley/Joker images. One of our bathrooms will be Harley's room. All pink, cutesy, but dangerous and crushing on her favorite guy.
harley_heart.jpg

I've got a big cardboard box that I'm turning into Mr. Freeze's freeze chamber for his wife Nora. Mr. Freeze has cryo'd his terminally ill wife in an attempt to save her. Waiting for better weather to paint that. I'm going to put in one of my Grandin Road ladies as Nora.
Screen Shot 2016-03-08 at 7.07.06 PM.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm all in all the batman Halloween theme. Everything is looking great. I do a small setup for Halloween weekend at a local campground so everything has to be portable, batman is also our theme this year. Just following your thread for ideas. Great job so far!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I think this whole idea is great, but I am especially taken with the Penguin bar area you're going to do! Since I have small kiddos, you can imagine we're fans of the Frozen movie in this household, and I've got a lot of Frozen-themed play & decorating items Pinned on Pinterest.

Here's a neat icicle DIY - http://www.instructables.com/id/Paper-Icicles-for-Frozen-Ceiling-Decoration/
I could imagine a bunch of these over the bar area, with lots of blue lighting all around.

Also, you could cut some white felt into icicle shapes to drape over the bar area like a tablecloth -
icicle tablecloth.jpg

Maybe you could pick up some sand buckets this summer & age them up. Then place fake fish or fish skeletons inside as penguin food.

Create ice blocks for the penguins to stand on with cardboard boxes or carved foam blocks. You could even create this amazing igloo out of take out styrofoam boxes! http://manualidades.facilisimo.com/fabuloso-y-creativo-igloo_797330.html

And you can create 'iced' branches like this - http://makethemwonderblog.blogspot.com/2011/12/how-to-make-iced-branches.html

Maybe you could play a recording of water & penguin sounds too, over at your bar area.

Ohh, so many exciting things - can't wait to see more of what you do!

·
Prince of Arkham Asylum
2,521 Posts
Ha, ha, ha, ho, ho, ho, ho, ha, ha, ha, ho, ho..... Your little party wouldn't be complete without me now would it? For purely selfish reasons I'm loving your dedication to recreating my sick little world. :D

Your motivation is untamable! You've got some excellent ideas. I might have to come over to wreak havoc for copyright reasons though. :mad: :p Ha, ha, ha, ha, ho, ho, ha, ha, ha. I assume you're going to have someone in costume imitating me during the festivities?

Where in IL are you anyway? Anywhere near Chicago? Are you going to have an outdoor display for passers-by to enjoy?

·
Prince of Arkham Asylum
2,521 Posts
Just a thought... you know my main motivation in life is to watch things burn. When I toyed with the mob one of my goals was to steal bags of cash. And you can't forget me setting the mobs cash ablaze. Maybe there's an idea in there somewhere like creating a mountain of cash with empty cardboard boxes, and gluing fake bills all over it? Not to mention the cloth sacks of cash you can have laying around? Just a thought if you're looking to recreate my world. Ohhh, ha, ha, ha, ha, ho, ho, ho, ho, ha, ha.....

lol. I'm such a dork.

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
OMG Joker, I'm humbled by your presence. That is an excellent idea. It would be a nice touch too, melding the elements of your past '66 exploits with your most recent anarchic escapades. You've really gotten wonderfully dark over the years. Big fan of your work!

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Robbed the Gotham City bank today. Finally got around to some prop making. If I don't use them like Joker suggested, I'll put them in various villain areas. Think these make fun photo props too. Planning to make some more. They're about a foot tall.
moneybags.jpg

41 - 60 of 210 Posts