Halloween Forum banner

21 - 40 of 210 Posts

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well I'm very pleased with these Wildfire paints. Very vivid colors. The pictures do not do it justice. Finished up a few other black light props today. Again, these are all supposed to be the Joker defacing Bruce Wayne's art. I ended up adding more features to the bust. And you will notice a peace sign statue with Joker basically giving Bruce the one fingered salute. I rubbed in yellow black light paint into the flower lapel. Turned out real nice.
IMG_2560.jpg
IMG_2557.jpg
IMG_2558.jpg

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Here's another defaced bust. The blue is very deep so the pictures aren't picking up the color. But in person, this looks real good. Turned a deer bust into a caricature of Batman. The antlers say HA HA. In the dark they appear to be floating. Tried to give the bust some Derpy eyes.
View attachment 273614 View attachment 273615

Here's a pic of all 3 in normal light. In case anyone is interested in our geeky collections, the background Avengers art is a signed Alex Ross giclee print. Next to that is a Kill Bill Hanzo sword replica signed by David Carradine. Husband is a Marvel guy and I'm a DC girl. Somehow we co-exist.
View attachment 273616

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Found just the site I was looking for. There is a tumblr board that collects images of all the crazy signage from the Batman TV show. All the zany gadget signs and obvious ones (eg. This way to Hall of Fabulous Jewels). I want to put these all over the house. http://batlabels.tumblr.com/

Don't remember this one, but it could make a fun prop scene.
tumblr_o1y96oGuLK1ultu3qo1_1280.jpg

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Made some good finds recently. Here's a Spirit of St. Louis radio and an old Zenith computer that I'm going to incorporate into the bat cave's crime computer.
radio.jpg
old_computer.jpg

I picked off this 39" wide Batman symbol on Craigslist. This will also go in my bat cave.
bat_sign.jpg

Got this Kraft roll, It's about 18x16 and 1 inch thick. I will probably turn this into a sewer drain. But I'm keeping my options open in case that crab trap /Batman signal idea doesn't work out for me. Also a friend told me she has a replica bat signal I can use for the party. Pretty thrilled about that!
kraft_roll.jpg

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Duh, sometimes the answer is quite literally in front of me. As in right in my office. Put some green lighting on my T-rex and he would make a perfect Killer Croc. I just need to make a bigger sewer pipe for this guy. And here I thought this T-Rex was one of my "impractical" purchases last year.
killer_croc.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-02-15 at 3.16.56 PM.jpg

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Well this turned out way better than I thought it would. Yesterday on a local garage sale site, I saw someone selling those cardboard kid's bricks for building. With the green lighting, Killer Croc will look perfect on our basement wall. Just the three dimensional look I wanted. I just need black poster board in the center. Wish all my props were this easy.
killer_croc_wall.jpg

Here's a pic of my dog Scooby looking all punk. Think that's a great look for the party with a little red cape. He can be Krypto, Superman's dog.
scooby_doo.jpg

·
Registered
260 Posts
if you wanted to add a little more to killer croc you could always throw in his collar padlock with broken chain:

batman_arkham_killer_croc_by_antwatkins-d3l221k.jpg

BTW this is all turning out amazing

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Another quick and easy prop. I wanted to represent Bane without dedicating a lot of space to him. Last year I found this cool Frankenstein wall prop where he's busting out of a wall. I made a Bane mask out of a Jason mask. It fits Frank's face perfectly. This should be a nice pairing with Killer Croc.
bane_mask.jpg
frankie.jpg

·
Registered
285 Posts
You probably thought of this but for your Riddler bathroom it should be pretty easy to cover the entire bathroom with Question marks ???????????? Maybe a bright green color that will look awesome under black light. Then somewhere (maybe mirror) write, "Riddle me This Batman....."

St. Patrick's day stuff is out and will be on Clearance after the Holiday, you can easily make a hat for Riddler and have it hanging in the bathroom also
9668153.jpg

21 - 40 of 210 Posts