Halloween Forum banner

201 - 210 of 210 Posts

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
I had two Joker in the Boxes. These are Christmas snowmen that open and close. I put Joker faces on them. For such a simple thing, it was a fun effect.

View attachment 388690

Pictures were colored with neon ink so show up in black light. My Suicide Squad Joker skull.

View attachment 388698

My three banners, a homage to the old Batman '66 TV show cliffhangers. This is landscaping fabric. Did a nice job covering my framed magician art. They reference my Robin death trap of being on fire in the carnival drum.

View attachment 388706

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #202
The room under black light. I got a lot of compliments on this room. By the way, this is a 19'x20' room. I had good black light coverage from two 48" lights taped back to back standing up. You can see it in the first picture.

View attachment 388714

View attachment 388722

The banners took me so long to make. It was a bear of a project. But they really set up the atmosphere of the room.

View attachment 388730

View attachment 388738

View attachment 388746

Originally, Robin was going to hang from our our paddle fan with his feet hovering over the flame. But with people wanting to watch the game, I had to opt for it in a corner with him actually in the flames. Otherwise he would have been in everyone's way.

View attachment 388754

·
Jumpin' Jack Flash
1,261 Posts
i now see all the ones from before my most recent post, but none of the ones after it. (except, randomly, for the "things to do" pic.) everything i see looks awesome though!

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #205
This is so frustrating. I edited all those previous posts and re-entered all the pics (same as I did it the first time). Then they showed up. Then I added the new posts. I saw the pictures show up. But then they disappeared again into "attachment" text. I sent a note to the powers that be. Don't know what's happening. Waiting for word back. I may just have to open an album up instead of putting them here in the thread.

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #207
Thanks Coxboy316, I just made an album for this party. Sorry I couldn't get these on this thread. Here's the link: http://www.halloweenforum.com/members/dawnski-albums-2016-gotham-halloween-party.html

I wanted people to feel that they were walking into a comic world. I think I accomplished that. I did not count on the Cubs/Indians taking place on the night of the party. We are in Illinois so the game was a BIG deal. We had to devote a room inside to the game (our Joker funland). And we had to have a TV outside in our patio. Since it was so nice out that night, everyone was outside watching the game. The house actually felt empty, especially the basement where everyone usually congregates. That part was a bummer.

However, the flip side of that is that because it thinned out, there were some people that really got into checking everything out. I received more compliments than ever on this particular party with people just amazed at how much detail I put into the party. My college age daughter said two friends ignored her group the entire time. They spent the entire evening just checking it all out.

An unexpected hit was my garage haunt. I just had too much to show so I created Scarecrow's fear zone in there. Kids and especially adults had so much fun in there. People were having fun daring each other and sneaking around the opposite end to scare someone.

The villain drinks were also a hit. This was the first time we had people actually try out ALL the drinks. And the urine specimen shot was the talk of the evening.

After the party, I did a quick tear down and rotated my garage haunt so I could open it up for trick or treaters. We have a subdivision FB page so I was able to post it. Got a lot of kids and compliments from parents saying how much their kids talked about it. There really aren't any big displays in our neighborhood so I was glad to give the kids a little extra fun this year. I'll post those pics soon in another album.

I actually took some video this year. When I get that all spliced together I'll post that too.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Wow wow wow!!!!!

I hope your guest appreciated all the hard work you put into this, it is simply amazing!!!!!

going to go check out your album cause I couldn't see any of the attachments as well :)

201 - 210 of 210 Posts