Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 586 Posts

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We must have a 2015 Yard Sale, Thrift Store, Flea market Giveaways and Curb Alert Finds/Treasures Thread this is one of my favorite threads.
So let the 2015 planning start and the look outs for great finds for 2015 is now on can not wait to see what everyone finds at Yard Sale, Thrift Store, Giveaways and Curb Alert Finds/Treasures . Here is to happy hunting

·
Halloween Elitist
2,890 Posts
I think it would be a good idea if "Flea Market" was also included in title, it's that I'm not sure if I should post my flea market finds here or in the "What did you find/buy thread, lol

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think it would be a good idea if "Flea Market" was also included in title, it's that I'm not sure if I should post my flea market finds here or in the "What did you find/buy thread, lol
Yes flee market finds post here too . To me thrifts stores and flee market s are kinda the same :) yes please post your finds

·
Lady Of The Lake
2,730 Posts
Saki great finds especially the cross and bottle. You can do some cool things

Offmymeds love that skull and rats , so different

Bobzilla awesome rare find, how did you even know what it was? Would be perfect for a haunted house theme. I feel like I am a bit handicapped in the wires, gizmos and motors area. I miss out on things because I don't really have much knowledge in that area.

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
Cool finds, saki! I have several of the silverware boxes that imthegodess sent me last year. I need to get busy and make things with them. I loved the fortune tellers box that someone made in a Reaper last year. was that imthegodess?? My memory for names is not great, but I do remember GREAT props!
Lady Sherry has some cool boxes too. she is making a voodoo box, too. I can't wait to see what she comes up with.

·
Headless Hessian
1,056 Posts
I am so excited with my first find of 2015 for the annual party this year. The theme will focus on the darker side of Disney in various scenes. I unveiled the them at the party of 2014 and everyone was shouting at excitement, so the bar is high to impress them all. I found this mechanical Christmas decoration that is one of the dalmatian pups. He moves his head and tail and there is a random bark when people walk by him. I plan to put a blanket around his feet to cover the Christmas rug he stands on now and display him in a cage near Cruella as if she caught him. Here is a quick video to show his movement. He is quite large and will make the best prop given his is an actual Disney product (and I have the original box, too).

·
Creepin' It Real
2,038 Posts
ok, I actually bought this mid December......Good Will for $13.00.....I love it :D
GAH! :flops over ded: That mister is called "Rat's Feast" and it is super hard to find. I searched for years to get one that wasn't outrageously priced - and then weirdly found a second one a week later. The first one was incomplete (missing the top) but at that point I didn't care. Tremendous score!

Bobzilla I love that flickering light box. Super cool. I didn't even know they existed so now I'm on the hunt.

Saki.Girl, showing off your tremendous eye, as usual!

frogkid11, I think your theme is inspired and I love how you plan to repurpose that cute puppy :D

·
Creepin' It Real
2,038 Posts
LOVE the dress, offmymeds. Around here, that would have been saved for Halloween season and offered at $40-50, and even then I might have grabbed it.

I've been doing a little Goodwill Hunting myself but have very little to show for it. I bought one of these silverplate candleholders for $4, which was really too much for its condition but I needed a silver fix. I've found a few old picture frames, something I already have too many of, and a couple of handblown bottles with potion potential, another category I'm overly full on. Target's Halloween items are starting to trickle in to my local GWs but it's all been over priced or just "stuff" I don't need.

The spring flea market season can't come fast enough!

Reactions: offmymeds
1 - 20 of 586 Posts