Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
14,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kmeyer indicated some things to post to a Tuesday Morning store shopping thread if there was one. Now there is! Look forward to your posts.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Sorry, been off the computer for a week (& I'm having some problems with the app on my phone)......

Anyways, I saw some Halloween crafting supplies in the clearance section - some scrapbooking supplies (which I didn't get 'cause I don't scrapbook) & some clear stamp designs - the kind you can interchange on that clear block - which I did get but can't find now. In the middle of redoing the spare bedroom/supply closet, so it's probably in a wrong box or something......

There was also a Clever Lever Craft Punch in the regular-priced craft section that has four different designs on it - a ghost, a pumpkin, a witch's hat, & a bat - for $9.99. It's the extra big size, according to the package, & nope, never used one in my life, but I figure I have time to experiment with it between now & card time.....I'll try to upload a pic of it over the weekend...& I have to stop in there Saturday to make a return, so I'll go see if they have that stuff I didn't buy (& take pics if it's there)

·
Creepin' It Real
2,038 Posts
oojen, what did that jar cost? I like it a lot.

Reactions: ooojen

·
Registered
14,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dave are you referring to the one I picked up a few years ago from TM (posted to the TM thread then)? If so, they were pool floats by PoolMaster if that helps people locate them. I'll keep an eye out for you but don't make it into TM that often any more. If they are getting some in to the store, Spring time is when they will start stocking and TM does have a "pool sale" -- which happens before summer if I recall correctly. I bought one the first year I saw it and tried to pick one up the next year on clearance but missed the pool sale and none were left come clearance time.

I do see some pool items starting to appear on their online flyer and under their "Unique Finds/Outdoor" section they say they carry quality products from companies like...PoolMaster, so good chance it will reappear in the stores again.

Here's a link to PoolMaster's product page for the 3 aligators they make. I have the large guy and the head one. I also picked up a few floating hippo heads (not from TM though) for my swamp/Nile/jungle settings. I think all of them might have had solar LED lit eyes which glow yellow at night and look super cool.

Here's a link to Collection, Etc's floating pool items that I just posted under What did you find/buy thread if any of those are helpful. They have a crocodile head and a swan this year.

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
Dave are you referring to the one I picked up a few years ago from TM (posted to the TM thread then)? If so, they were pool floats by PoolMaster if that helps people locate them.
You could also try Walmart's garden section, as they have a (boxed) floating alligator that comes in pieces for around $20, I want to say.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I was at Tuesday Morning today and bought a Phyllis Hoffman Celebrate Halloween magazine from 2010 for $2.99. There were also some baking-type magazines from previous years with fall/autumn themes.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I stopped in at Tuesday Morning today and no Halloween yet but they had several empty shelves in the seasonal/holiday area. So hopefully soon! Right now spring/garden is on clearance sale at 70% off. I bought three color changing "twinkling garden spheres" - an 8-inch sphere (marked down to $6.00) and 2 6-inch spheres (marked down to $4.50). There was also a smaller sphere that was only $3.00. They look a little like crystal balls. Each sphere uses 4 AA batteries. I also bought a really nice scrolled metal cross on a study base (11-inches tall) for only $1.79.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I didn't get around to posting a photo until now, but about a week & a half ago I went in to my local Tuesday Morning & picked up a couple of things. They didn't have Halloween stuff out, but they had some garden stuff on clearance & I picked up a cross that I plan to put on top of a Dollar Tree foam cooler that I'll make into a tombstone. It was 70% off and is nice looking.

I was shopping for a child's birthday gift and while I was in the children's toy aisle, I found a large collection of science toys, including a whole BUNCH of bugs sealed in resin. They were about $1.49 each, maybe slightly more for the larger one.

DSC07097.jpg

DSC07098.jpg

I think the bugs will make a nice addition to our "curiosities" display, although I'm not sure how I'm going to display them yet!

·
Creepin' It Real
2,038 Posts
Jenn & Matt, thanks for posting about the bugs. I know where I'm headed after tomorrow's garage sale expedition!

·
Mummy Dearest
1,149 Posts

I was shopping for a child's birthday gift and while I was in the children's toy aisle, I found a large collection of science toys, including a whole BUNCH of bugs sealed in resin. They were about $1.49 each, maybe slightly more for the larger one.

View attachment 247125

I think the bugs will make a nice addition to our "curiosities" display, although I'm not sure how I'm going to display them yet!

BUGS! Eeew and cool all at once.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts