Halloween Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Rutherford Manor Haunt
2,067 Posts
I have never purchased any Halloween stuff at Target, actually I think I have only been there 2 or 3 times. I guess that is why it is closing up here?? The prices were not that great and they had limited stock.

·
Soccer and Lacrosse Dad
1,791 Posts
This past year I was able to purchase the Bonez Skeleton bird there. 1 item in 2 years...My tastes typically differ from their offering. Otherwise it seemed much more expensive than Walmart and the amount of empty shelf space in the store was excessive. Personally I won't miss it, but feel for those who will loose their jobs.

From the introduction of Targets in our area it looked like it was poorly planned and poorly executed, and they certainly did not meet the expectations many had when it was announced they were coming to Canada.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Always sad to see people losing their jobs. As far as the Halloween section at Target, based on the last couple of seasons, they may as well do away with it altogether. :p

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
The Target in Clinton, Iowa is closing maybe closed all ready? They have been there a long time.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I heard about this and thought it was strange. I think people shop at Wal-Mart up there more often.

Myself, being in Texas, am not even a Target shopper anyway. I don't like their prices and their product isn't much better than Wal-Marts.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Our local Canadian Target had some major flaws from day one. First off, they put in a big grocery store section on the lower level of a store in a big shopping center where the upper floor was street level and customers couldn't take shopping carts out of the store. That, coupled with non-competitive prices and under staffing gave it a black eye right away. Also, this store was minutes away from a Walmart. I didn't like the self check out system either, they only employed one person to oversee customers at 5 or 6 self check out stations that were always crashing. Their attempt to save money cost them more in the long run, they should have hired check out clerks and made it more people oriented IMO.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I'm always sad to see major companies close. I have found some amazing Halloween items over the years at Target. That said Target Canada was nothing like the States. They also had numerous problems from the beginning. First off the shelves were always empty, the selection was nothing like the States, they didn't understand the Canadian market, Canadians were not impressed with the prices, and finally they expanded way to quickly! They opened 133 stores in less then two years. The Canadian retail market right now is tough business, Mexx Canada recently delated bankruptcy as well.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I found their Halloween section limited and too cute for my tastes. And I agree, there was lots of empty shelf space throughout the store and the prices weren't that good. I never bought anything the few times I went in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts