Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
thats a lot of animation you got there, very impressive.

what does your compressor situation look like?

also, where did you learn to do the pneumatic stuff?

I want to get into it but not sure where to start.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Compressor system is

30 gallon
7 gallon
30 gallon reserve tanks (5 gallon tanks 6 of them)

Everything is on one line. Check valves after each compressor. Check valves on the high air items(hide the tank around the prop)

Regular compressed line to a 1/4 hose which splits to all props.

Regulator, flow control valves, or adjustable quick exhaust on props that use less then the main psi depending on situation.

This is plenty. Never even hinted to running out of air.

·
Registered
271 Posts
NICE!!! 67 gallons of air, you should never come close to running out of air. Love the long haired ground breaker! hopefully i can get me one of those next year, static ground breakers are boring.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Wow. That is one impressive display!

Instead of a lot of compressors, have you looked at a rotary screw compressor? It is much quieter. It can run non-stop. It will give you a LOT of air. I suggest you go to a propane company and ask them if you can buy a 500 gallon tank that is out of service. It will not work for propane, but it WILL hold a lot of reserve air. You could keep that one tank filled, and branch off as needed.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the comments. I have a ton of new props in the works for this year. Trying to make a continuous pneumatic scene that will involve four different props. As for the gemmy skulls takes some time but it isn't that hard. The skull is 4.5 volts(been awhile) you need it to be continuous power so hook it to a voltameter to drop the voltage to 4.5 off of a 12v source or get a 4.5 power supply. The lighted eyes can be hooked to the moving eyes because they run together. The mouth can be programmed via a prop controller or you can add a microphone and adjust the mouth via a wireless trigger. Kids love it Good fun.

I am looking at those compressors. Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts