Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
#1 The annual bad weather we always seem to get on the big day.

#2 Kids who ask, "How many can I take?" Come on, we're handing out a mix of full size candy bars, how many do you need? If you need more than one, do what the other kids do; hit the next couple houses then come back without the mask and pretend its your first visit.

#3 Drying out and then packing everything away for another year.

·
Registered
56 Posts
For me it was..

1... Missus and baby getting all snotty and ill thereby changing our plans to go out and party to having to stay in. (I knew I should have worn a plaguedoctors outfit!)
2... As I've mentioned elsewhere...Thieves stealing and breaking a couple of lanterns, absolutely no need for it, just spiteful, yobbish behaviour and has made me wary of doing more out front next year.
3... Taking down and packing away everything, trying to find more room for all the new stuff I've bought..then realising that I'm now very bored..
4... Realising I've made a horrendous mess out in the back garden propmaking and now have to clean that up too!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
If someone steals or vandalizes your Jack-O-Lantern, make one out of concrete for next year. Make it look very natural,real.
Welded Steel,bolts, and "Heavy" help to deter.
Carpet tacks sticking through ribbed tape under the edge of a fiberglass German helmet helped too.
No one had any even half-way "Legitimate" reason for pitting their fingers under that helmet rim and then pulling,

·
Registered
79 Posts
More and more trunk or treat. Sure there are creepy people but just as parents will stand next to their kids for trunk or treat...do the same thing but go house to house. I'm all for safety, but get and and walk house to house great exercise.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
EVERY year, we have a tween girl that is the first TOT- and THEN comes back AGAIN at the end of the night. Three years ago, she got away with it- but ever since, we know she'll be back and we tell her, "You were already here. Happy Halloween. Goodbye!"

I don't know why, but this girl really PO's me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Is it just me - or does it seem to be less and less people TOT these days? My neighborhood used to go until at least 10:00 - was dead at 8:00 the last 2 years! Where is the love for Halloween?!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Mine was a grown adult taking two pieces of candy. That's fine and good in a dead neighborhood when I'm lucky to get trick or treaters, but when there are hordes of kids, that's rude.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Weather is always a pet peeve. Rain held out yesterday but last year we got rained out
Kids who come back for more candy like 10 minutes after they just hit your house is a BS pet peeve.... greedy kids...
My wife hands the candy out so no greedy kid grabbing 5 plus pieces.......

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Forgot the comic who said it, but he suggested placing an big empty bowl outside your door with a note saying, "Just take one."

Brilliant!

·
Registered
865 Posts
People who show up at your door to see the haunt a day late! That literally just happened. The lights are off, the Devil is down, the dog is barking her head off every time they knock on the door. I tried ignoring it but they wouldn't go away until I opened the door and said, "It's over. It was yesterday!" SHEESH!

I've also had people email me today to ask if it's still on. Last week I had an email saying that they needed Halloween stuff for their yard!

So I guess the pet peeve here is 'read the ad, read the times, and when Halloween is over - it's over!"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts