Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally picked my theme this year, I was really struggling with it. I was almost committed to Scary Tales but I wasn't excited about it, I've been searching the boards & pinterest for months and I came across a post from one of our Mods, Dead-Ted and it was about his invites and he mentioned he had a feather with blood on it from Mother Goose and that's what did it for me...so as of about 3:45 this morning, my mind has been racing.....this is what I have come up with.

Nursery Rhymes gone wrong - Like "All hell's broken loose for poor Mother Goose"

Peter Peter, - big pumpkin in the front of house with legs and arms hanging out of it's mouth with smaller evil pumpkins around it plus I will have a cemetery with all the characters on them
Jack be nimble - getting scorched by the candlestick
little miss muffet - of course getting eaten by the spider
Mary slaughtering her little lambs
3 blind mice with their tails sticking out of the Farmers wifes mouth
Evil Humpty Dumpty
Wolf with the 3 pigs on a pitchfork
3 men in a tub - rolling pin in the mouth, knives sticking out of the butcher and candles melted down the candle makers face
Thumblina in a cage
Jack horner with a nasty pie

Ok, you get the idea, lol. I know these are not so original but it sounds like fun and it should give my guest some costume options.

I'm planning on playing tempt your fate and use "golden eggs" for the containers

There are just so many to choose from and I want to do them all........

Any suggestions, ideas, pics, please share :)

·
Headless Hessian
1,056 Posts
This will definitely be awesome!! I cannot wait to read your chronicles of ideas and see pictures of your creations. Can I be your secret reaper again this year as I can think of a few neat things to look for you as part of your gift :cool:

Reactions: offmymeds

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes Frogkid11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can absolutely be my secret reaper again!!!!

Thanks for the link matrixmom. I did buy a book this weekend so I could browse through it.....there's some scary stuff in it :)

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
You need to buy some of those Candadian geese that go in the front yard. They are huge and could be pained white. I think places like Lillian Vernon carry them. Gotta have a mother goose presence.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hope I can find one of those stuffed ones, I want to have a Witch as Mother Goose and trying to decide if I want the goose in her pot, or hanging from a noose......

·
Headless Hessian
1,056 Posts
In the 80's there was a Talking Mother Goose who read you stories via the cassette tape in her bottom - kinda like Teddy Ruxpin. I wish you could find one of those but put an evil recording in her so that she spat out more scary comments. You could dirty her up a little to make the experience more real. Oh what fun !!

Reactions: offmymeds

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You are right about that Paint!

I was all set on doing a scene with "Thumbelina" I found this really cool tall bird feeder that I can take the insides out of it, and would make a tall skinny cage...........well it turns out, she's a Fairy Tale!!! :mad: soooooooooooo, i'll be looking for a another little critter of some kind to hang in the cage. If I wasn't so OCD about it, I'd do her anyway, but in my little mind I would know and it would bother me, lol

1 - 20 of 107 Posts