Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We finally got around to rebuilding our Creeper. When we first built him, we used a 60s/70s era vinyl mannequin and he was fine until we put the wings on. The added weight caused the knees to buckle and later the ankles to fail. :) The mannequin was also on 5'11" and had his legs together.

Creeper II was built using a 6'2" fiberglass mannequin with a more aggressive stance. I also replaced the wing struts with 1/2" bamboo rods ordered from Home Depot. One thing to note with those is you have to order a bundle of rods, like 28 I think, and when they came in only nine were actually 1/2". The rest were 1/4" at best. Thankfully I only needed eight or I would have been screwed.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This the picture that convinced me to make him.

I saw that and thought "how hard can that be to make? It's just some struts and a shower curtain with red/blue veins drawn on it!" The rest of the Creeper is just a mannequin with a mask, so I figured this would be an easy build. The only hard part has been the struts for the wings. We used 1/2" PVC pipe which was durable but made for a lot of weight. Then we tried using bamboo strands glued together, but they fell apart. Now with the solid bamboo poles I think we have an affordable and durable solution. :)

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
My "EX" and I had been Divorced for a few months when her "Boyfriend" took her to see Jeepers Creepers.
She said the movie scared her and that the Creeper reminded her of ME!?
"Sure,now everyone knows I have large wings hidden on my back, Thanks Alot!"
"No his grey hair reminded me of you."
(I will claim the wings ,grey hair? Who cares?)

Later some kids in a Mc Donalds saw my car and thought it was the Creeper's truck/van,even though my car is a 1989 Oldsmobile station wagon..with moving Monster arms on it's hood and a large Shark Mouth in the grill work.?
My Dad told me those old "Cab-Over" trucks had many problems with the gear -shifter because of the extreme distance over which they had to work.

·
Registered
717 Posts
So for the wings you said you used a shower curtain.... so did you paint or use wood stain to get that brown? It looks awesome I bet
alot of people would like to see a tutorial on your build. Tnx for the post :)

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think I did a tutorial for the wings a long time ago.

The shower curtain we used were two regular brown shower curtains we got at Walmart. We initially laid them over the 1/2" PVC pipe lengths we used originally and glued the fabric to the backs of the pipe. Now we're using 1/2" bamboo rods and the fabric is staped to the backs of them. Then we trimmed the fabric to the shapes we wanted, cut lots of tears, holes, and other damage as seen on the movie wings, and then my daughter and I spent about an hour with red and blue Sharpie markers drawing all the veins and arteries on. She tried to be creative with hers, while I just essentially recreated the main roads in western Pennsylvania. :)

The last step was painting them with Rustoleum Camouflage Brown spray paint that's sold at Home Depot and Walmart. The paint along the edges of the fabric, and around the holes, really make them pop.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I think I did a tutorial for the wings a long time ago.

The shower curtain we used were two regular brown shower curtains we got at Walmart. We initially laid them over the 1/2" PVC pipe lengths we used originally and glued the fabric to the backs of the pipe. Now we're using 1/2" bamboo rods and the fabric is staped to the backs of them. Then we trimmed the fabric to the shapes we wanted, cut lots of tears, holes, and other damage as seen on the movie wings, and then my daughter and I spent about an hour with red and blue Sharpie markers drawing all the veins and arteries on. She tried to be creative with hers, while I just essentially recreated the main roads in western Pennsylvania. :)

The last step was painting them with Rustoleum Camouflage Brown spray paint that's sold at Home Depot and Walmart. The paint along the edges of the fabric, and around the holes, really make them pop.
Awesome. tnx for the reply. I was wondering on how you did it. Yes they look so real..... you did an awesome job ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts