Halloween Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

This year I'm wanting to ramp things up a bit with a Haunted Garage. (I've always just done a yard haunt.)

I wasn't able to use my garage last year but this year I will be able to, so I've started to mock up a floor plan and I just wanted to get your thoughts!

All the thick black lines are walls that will be put up. I don't have a TON of props so I figured 3 "rooms" would be plenty. I also made it to where it was a straight shot out of it encase someone runs out they will have a straight shot and not have to worry about turns etc...

Anyone have any better ideas to use the space I have?

My garage is 24x20. Each square in the grid equals 1ft. (4ft entrance and exit. 3 ft walking paths inside.)

Thanks a bunch!

Line Design Pattern Square Parallel

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
20 x 24 is a big area doing 3 foot aisles....the maze we did was 24 x 24 and i had six rooms and seven hallways...twist and turn it, your hallways will disorient them and make it more suspenseful, also, make them crouch or duck..theres a ton you can do on a budget.........i never had anyone try to run out, what you can also do is make it so you can walk around your set up, leave two or three feet walkway so you can get into your haunt through the walls, it also lets you scare them as they go through, you work the outside, that helps if you dont have alot of helpers and you could help someone out...worst we had happen was kids just sit down and dont move, you have to go get them ...lol....................i set mine up on a grid of 3 feet, 6 feet and 9 feet....our rooms were 6 x 6, they had to cross through them to go through them, i changed my pattern everyyear with pattern and my pvc which i used for my walls was cut to that so it worked great, you tape your joints to secure them then cut it and break it down to store it.........use your lighting, lack of lighting to your benefit if you dont have many props so much you can do....

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
The flow looks good if you are doing three different 'rooms'. Not to be a downer but.... when you actually build look at everything someone could trip over or run into and make sure your homeowner's insurance is up-to-date. Keep us posted on your progress with lots of pictures:D
thats for darn sure...make sure nothing can scratch anyone or poke them, and have a set of rules, like no running to start with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.