Halloween Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 516 Posts

·
Margarita Goddess
5,440 Posts
Love the rat & vulture, but I am on the fence about the way the vulture is painted. :confused:

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
That owl looks interesting! Wish they had a video of it up. Curious how the wings move and what sounds it makes (would hope no singing just hoots!)

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Love the rat & vulture, but I am on the fence about the way the vulture is painted. :confused:
There is also a version of it that is colored like most of the line: http://www.spidersoftheweb.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=73&products_id=747

That owl looks interesting! Wish they had a video of it up. Curious how the wings move and what sounds it makes (would hope no singing just hoots!)
With the ominous appearance, I would think that it would sound peeved, hopefully. I really cannot see that owl singing, but one never knows:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Heheh-- I've heard a lot of different owl species make a lot of different sounds-- hoots, screeches, rattles, barks (during breeding season Barred Owls even sound a lot like monkeys!) but I've never yet heard one do anything akin to singing! That would be a travesty!
Prop looks darned cool, though. I'll be watching for it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Walmart has Ouija boards on clearance right now (online) for $4.97. Quality is meh, but for 5 bucks... One note: planchette takes 3 AAA batteries. Not sure what for and none of the reviews mention it.

·
Margarita Goddess
5,440 Posts
Think Walmart is out of the Ouija Boards
Hope everyone who wanted one got one!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I was at Hobby Lobby today and they had an aisle with faux pumpkins, black & purple sparkly garland, autumn garlands, some dish towels out. I didn't look at everything because I was in a hurry.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I was at Hobby Lobby today and they had an aisle with faux pumpkins, black & purple sparkly garland, autumn garlands, some dish towels out. I didn't look at everything because I was in a hurry.
The Hobby Lobby in my area waits until September to stock the Halloween merchandise. They always put out the Christmas decorations before the Halloween stuff.

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Laredo, gee your store is further along than mine. They had pumpkins way on the very top shelf last week but that's it. They still have Home Decor items on deeper clearance and haven't cleared the shelves off yet. They do set up pretty fast though so i'm sure next week things will be looking better at mine. BTW I started a separate store thread for them for 2015 just the other day and posted a few items I found interesting from my store. I see we are all hitting HL at the same time! I actually went in for a summer item only to find out it was getting to be slim pickins already. Caught a glimpse of orange high up on the shelves and knew it would be soon.

I wonder what Funkin pricing will be this year. They were too high up on the shelf to tell. Joann's carries Funkins as well but my store stocks them kind of late. I prefer that brand over the kind that Michaels carries. I might need one or two pumpkins this year since I bought a few more Villafane pumpkin vine arms and legs last year. Also picked up AtmosFear's singing pumpkin jamboree projection dvd that I might use. Anyone know if you can you use the 40% off coupon on the Funkins?

·
Registered
263 Posts
I just preordered some New for 2015 items at www.HalloweenAsylum.com with coupon code MEM2015 for 15% off and $5 flat rate shipping including oversized items on orders of $50 or more through 5/26/15. I preordered some Legends and the new AtmosFX's DVDs.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Halloween Asylum extended their Memorial Day sale through today and added a few more items for presale. You might find better prices on some of the items, but the $5 flat rate shipping including oversizes items has me hooked. Some items I've preordered:

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

41 - 60 of 516 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.