Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Here are the night time pics. Like some forum posters, I have to defend my lighting as being more bright than the camera seemed to catch. But, I certainly realize that I have to do better on the lighting. My video this year was also completely too dark and I shot it three or four times using all settings- regular, low light, and night time. I wonder if all the red led's in stuff nowadays throws off the focus.

It amazes me how I seem to do more each year, and yet I am always disappointed in the final production. I went through two remote foggers before I found one that would work. But the third fogger did not have a timer so I had to manually activate it so the fog was essentially non-existent. I thought my maze last year was sub-standard but I was amazed how many people asked where it was this year.

Anyway, I guess I will never be happy with the set-up especially when I compare myself to those on the forum. But, I am the King of my subdivision and the 75 kids that stopped by will never know. The trash can contained efirecrackers from fright props with remote. I am glad that it had a remote so it would not go off when really young ToTs walked by or when baby ToTs carried by. I so loved my Spirit swamp trees. The trees really added depth to my cemetery set-up.

All in all, still found the experience enjoyable so I will probably pull it out again next year.....That did not sound quite right.:D

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,640 Posts
Everything looks great! Love those trees. They look awesome in the dark with the lighting. Very nice display!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Your set-up looks great! It has real atmosphere and nice balance of spooky elements. Kids are sure to remember it for years as the best in their neighborhood.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,640 Posts
Those trees are awesome! Can you share any insight as to how you made them?

They are the display trees from spirit this year. The stores each got 4 of them and they put them up for sale. You had to pretty much ask for one and get on the list as there was a lot of interest. I think they went for about $200.00 each. Some stores let them go a week or so before Halloween

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They are the display trees from spirit this year. The stores each got 4 of them and they put them up for sale. You had to pretty much ask for one and get on the list as there was a lot of interest. I think they went for about $200.00 each. Some stores let them go a week or so before Halloween

Others may have gone the easy route, but I made my two trees out 40 rolls of Bounty paper towels and paper mache' paste, a gallon of brown oooooppps paint, and clear coated them with a dozen spray cans of Dupont triple thick clear spray.............

That's my story and I am sticking to it. :D

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You have done a wonderful creepy job.. pat your back with a free hand you have laying around.
Thank you for the kind words and thank you to everyone who replied. As more time has passed, I look at my pics and tend to see the elements that turned out well instead of those that did not. I think the hard part is having this image in your head that is like Disney in scope and then having a pedestrian skill set to work with. :D

I will say that I really missed having good fog which I pride myself on. Fog really enhances any set-up. At least next year, I will have a new remote fog machine in place.

Brian

·
Registered
455 Posts
Great job! That looks amazing.

Reactions: Col. Fryght

·
Registered
268 Posts
Really nice photos and great set-up! I love seeing how others do up their haunts as I am not able to do one for others to enjoy as I live way too far off the main road :(

Those trees are great and I had no idea that Spirit sold their display items until this year when I bought a coffin jewelry display piece. Next year, I will be souring the store and getting on the list asap! Lol :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts