Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No great shakes, but I was able to build my pallet entrance today. Not where I want it yet, but it took awhile. It is essentially three sided with the longest side being about 16ft long. I am hoping that the entrance will better frame some of my animatronics. Maybe next year, I will build it a week earlier, but I am just trying to avoid any possible complaints. :D

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
No problem. Col., in the proper light, that's gonna look real creepy... And Creepy is what it's all about.
You gonna have mood music?

Awesome skulls, BTW.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks great. 16ft is a long wall!

Thank you for the support. I picked up a tarp to install as a roof, and I was surprised to find out that my shack was 12'x22'. We had some really strong winds last night and everything held up well. I am hoping to use bungee cords in the tarp's grommet holes to attach it to the pallets. We shall see how that works.

., in the proper light, that's gonna look real creepy... And Creepy is what it's all about.
You gonna have mood music?
The flash went off in the photo but there is a street lamp 4ft from the corner of my driveway, so that area is always bright. The one thing that I do like about the light is that it creates some great shadows across the yard. I personally find shadows pretty creepy. The music side is a tough one. I have a neighbor that contributes a dj system to play like ghostbuster music and thriller. He usually drowns me out, but I appreciate his enthusiasm. :D

·
Registered
14,093 Posts
I like!! Nice set up of props and surroundings. I see a few props I recognize owning so nice to see how you used them. Was the gargoyle setting the pallets with the cloth on it? If so, that came out really great and like how you finished it off.

And I recognize the tree from Spirit. That thing is wicked. They just do some of the coolest store displays. So how heavy was that thing and what was it like to reassemble it? If you managed to get some evening photos with your lighting, please post those as well. Love to see them.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And I recognize the tree from Spirit. That thing is wicked. They just do some of the coolest store displays. So how heavy was that thing and what was it like to reassemble it? If you managed to get some evening photos with your lighting, please post those as well. Love to see them.
Thank you for the kind words. The trees are really not that heavy. But thankfully, almost all of my branches come apart and were not glued together. Some of the Spirit stores glued the limbs together or used a foam kit adhesive to fill in the gaps. For me, I only have one or two branches with small gaps, and at night they were not noticeable.

I will post night picks and/or a video once I have a chance to see how they worked out. My videos seem blurry with all the red led's that props have nowadays. I tried with no light adjustment and with low light adjustment, and night vision and I still seemed to have trouble with blurriness. Just another reason to not turn on those props. :eek:

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awesome use of pallets!
Thank you. Pallets are certainly a cheap way to go. The hardest part is how tired you are dragging out 60 pallets, and then stacking one row on top of another. Maybe I should market it as a fitness program and get people to pay me to build my shack. :D

·
Shadow box dancer
1,443 Posts
Thank you. Pallets are certainly a cheap way to go. The hardest part is how tired you are dragging out 60 pallets, and then stacking one row on top of another. Maybe I should market it as a fitness program and get people to pay me to build my shack. :D
Holy crap that is a lot of pallets! I took apart 10 one year for my shack and and mineshaft and that was a ton of work. Can't imagine 60. Anyway great work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts