Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,469 Posts
I had both ordered but then cancelled. The vulture is only a couple inches taller than the crows and the rat is about a foot tall. Very disproportionate. They look cool but....

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Yeah, that is odd that they'd make the rat larger than the vulture. It would take some careful display planning to make them look their best.
I could see a corpsed version of the rat skeleton in a giant trap. I might have to go for that.

·
bone collector
3,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had both ordered but then cancelled. The vulture is only a couple inches taller than the crows and the rat is about a foot tall. Very disproportionate. They look cool but....
I did the same thing....why they couldn't make the vulture at least the size of their skelly dog is beyond me...I would totally pay whatever $ for a big 'ol bird-wouldn't something with a 6ft wingspan be awesome!!!...still might get them to use in 2 separate scenes.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrgggg! Those ears and feather bones! Whhhhyyyyyyyyyyyy!?.
Because they want to give you a plastic surgery project, Nightfisher ;) Seriously, either their 'people' don't get the whole anatomically correct dealio, or possibly it's a structural integrity thing?

Paint It Black had a GREAT idea for the skelly crow...she glued feathers on randomly, like the bird had been plucked. Can't remember if it's in her albums or under a separate thread..she called it Tweety bird.
I'm thinking some black feathers glued over the bone feathers might do the trick on the vulture....without having to perform major surgery.

oojen, corpsing them out is another fantastic idea!!!

·
Registered
13,616 Posts
I noticed the sizes of the vulture and rat on the website right off. I think use of it depends on how you do your set up. There are a few rats out there in regular prop form that are pretty big. Would go with those. Vultures do start off as chicks too and for some kids these might be perfect sized for positioning on a bookshelf. But I understand wanting lifesize on most things.

If anyone sees the mini scorpion get posted for sale, please mention in this thread. Thanks.

·
Soccer and Lacrosse Dad
1,766 Posts
Can't see myself adding anymore. Personally for a Halloween display I think the animal anatomical irregularities are fine. It allows the skeletons to be instantly recognizable for all TOT's 3 to 95 years old.

·
Registered
302 Posts

·
bone collector
3,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I noticed the sizes of the vulture and rat on the website right off. I think use of it depends on how you do your set up. There are a few rats out there in regular prop form that are pretty big. Would go with those. Vultures do start off as chicks too and for some kids these might be perfect sized for positioning on a bookshelf. But I understand wanting lifesize on most things.

If anyone sees the mini scorpion get posted for sale, please mention in this thread. Thanks.
GoS, is this the scorpion?
http://seasonsusainc.com/MINI-SKELETON-ASSORTMENT/P2482_1064/

·
Registered
13,616 Posts
Yes that's them. I saw them on a web page of Spiders of the Web but no prices there or a link yet. Tried HA and Spider's Amazon store and didn't notice them listed yet either.

·
Registered
507 Posts
The ears are more of a trademark for this company. What On Earth has ones that are without ears.

I'm going to take my chances and see what CVS and Target get this fall before I get the new ones this year. What kills it is the shipping fee in general. Amazon Prime doesn't cover the ones on their sites.

I'm also interested in knowing what Mernards has with their skeleton gnome collection. So far I've gotten the gnome w/ pipe, gnome w/ frog, blonde female gnome, zombie gnome, and two skeleton dogs (one with ball and one with bone). Are there goth ones too?

·
Registered
384 Posts
I think it really depends on how you intend to use them. If they are for an up close style prop or a distant prop. For me I think they are cool and you could hook them up to some pneumatics and a controller then you could really get a scare from them. Like the vulture, you could mount a hinge on his feet, then a pneumatic or even an wiper motor, mount him/her above the entry way and when they walked in the vulture would swing down to them. Then add some sound. Just a thought that popped in my pinball of a brain.lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts