Halloween Forum banner

181 - 200 of 244 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I really love so many things here, but I have to comment that the Dead Ringer game is so fantastic!
A simple idea with a creative spin on it makes it a perfect Halloween game! We don't have a carnival theme, but I have two little kiddos & I'm always looking for fun Halloween-themed ideas to play with them - this is just great!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Love all the ideas you guys have come up with! We are doing this theme this year as well! We have made a few of props inspired by this page. Here is what we have so far:
20150927_123422.jpg
20151004_203453.jpg
20151004_203559.jpg

We have our Halloween party early every year - this year it's this upcoming weekend. We'll be looking to sell these props after our party (since we don't do the same theme twice). So if anyone lives in North Carolina and is interested - send me a message! :) P.S. the knife thrower wheel really spins! lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
Love all the ideas you guys have come up with! We are doing this theme this year as well! We have made a few of props inspired by this page. Here is what we have so far:
View attachment 260829
View attachment 260830
View attachment 260831

We have our Halloween party early every year - this year it's this upcoming weekend. We'll be looking to sell these props after our party (since we don't do the same theme twice). So if anyone lives in North Carolina and is interested - send me a message! :) P.S. the knife thrower wheel really spins! lol
Wow! We are doing the same down here in South Carolina. Can you share plans for that awesome wheel of death?

·
Registered
306 Posts
WOW, feeling lucky... My husband and I have a demolition company and just picked up 3 mannequins from a demo job in a mall. I saved them from destruction.... They were on the way to the dump.
Keep an eye out on craigslist for mannequins - sometimes really nice ones can be found for under $50. Mostly they're home made. PVC pipe, metal or wood structure for the basic skeleton, then use whatever to stuff and fill out the form itself (duct tape and paper, pool noodles or old clothes stuffed with bags is what I use). There are many, many different ways to build a body dummy:

http://www.halloweenforum.com/halloween-props/141766-body-form.html
http://www.halloweenforum.com/halloween-props/131254-lifesize-body-forms.html
http://spookmaster.tripod.com/pvc.html

·
Registered
117 Posts
This is our carnival from last year (2014). We are adding to it and have improved on some of the props for this year. Will post new pics when we are done setting up for this year.
For everyone doing a wheel of death, at the 99 cent only store they have these really cool knife props that work perfect for this. They are hard to see in this pic.
4.jpg

Really prod of our dead ringer, it spread fast all over Pinterest over the year.
5.jpg

We have improved this one for this year will post a pic soon
6.jpg

Typical entry I know but its a goody
17.jpg

Our album for last years haunt, it has a few more pics in it.
http://www.halloweenforum.com/members/mike-and-tiff-albums-twin-oaks-manor-2014-a.html

·
Registered
118 Posts
Our theatre is also doing a carnival theme this year, and best of all, have decided they are going to stick with this theme for the foreseeable future rather than rotating themes every year. I'm excited because that means it's worth putting in the extra effort on props that will be used more than once and we'll now have the opportunity to improve on props year after year. Here are a few of the things I've been working on for this year's haunt. I really got into making signs in case you can't tell :)

http://www.halloweenforum.com/members/emergencyfan-albums-carnival-theme-carnaval-de-cauchemars.html

·
Registered
53 Posts
Our theatre is also doing a carnival theme this year, and best of all, have decided they are going to stick with this theme for the foreseeable future rather than rotating themes every year. I'm excited because that means it's worth putting in the extra effort on props that will be used more than once and we'll now have the opportunity to improve on props year after year. Here are a few of the things I've been working on for this year's haunt. I really got into making signs in case you can't tell :)

http://www.halloweenforum.com/members/emergencyfan-albums-carnival-theme-carnaval-de-cauchemars.html
I'm taking notes of these ideas. I love the whole carnival theme plan!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Shipment finally came, but short. They refunded me for the unavailable items and 2 were on backorder.
Not real happy with the quality of some of the masks. But I liked the better prices so can't complain. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Finished the Fortune Teller both today.
025.jpg
028.jpg
030.jpg
031.jpg
Trying to catch up!!
Started today building a Teller Booth with cardboard boxes from Home Depot. Bought the lighted letters on sale from JoAnn's from a suggested post on this thread. JoAnn's in my area had very few letters left on sale, $8 or $9 each, so I chose to make an exotic name for the Marquee. Bought the Crystal Ball from Walmart for $13. Amazon.com has a lady's Styrofoam head for $3. I will make her torso when I receive the head that I ordered today and place her in the booth with the Crystal Ball. It spins and reflects different colors like the old fashion Christmas trees. Will be very cool when it illuminates the inside with moving colors.

View attachment 256822
View attachment 256823
View attachment 256824
View attachment 256826
View attachment 256828

·
Registered
53 Posts
We always have a contest for the Best Costumes.
Here is a picture of the trophies for this year's party.
I will have 4 categories:
Best Female
Best Male
Best Couple
Best Overall costume
I bought the iron skeleton figures from Home Goods for $15 each. Then embellished them to fit the theme.
View attachment 262326
Those took some real imagination! Takes creepy clowns to a whole new level.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Holy cow! These are friggin' AWESOME!!!

What are they made of? What did you use for the letters? I need to make one general Freakshow sign and need it to be fairly lightweight. I was thinking insulation foam but wonder if running lights through it would be an issue. ? Tomorrow starts my weekend so I'll be busy for the next few days trying to come up with something. I hope mine comes out half as cool as yours! I'm sooo far behind. :eek:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I finally decided to make an account after lurking here for 4 or so years. Yay!

I made my general FREAKSHOW sign out of 3/4" insulation foam & added LED globe lights. It wasn't easy, but is anything ever?
I measured & cut the back piece first, then eyeballed approx 2 inches on the edges for the frame. I measured the holes for the lights on the back piece first & drilled those holes, then turned it over & sharpied where the holes would fall for the frame, then used a fat knitting needle to poke it through both layers. I found this left less mess of my already painted frame than the drill.

I stuck a good amount of liquid nails between them & threaded the lights through both layers (sans globes) while the glue was still tacky & it worked perfectly! The knitting needle trick ended up working so well that the small hole of the foam itself held the little globes in securely enough just pressing them into the frame, but I figured I'd hot glue them too for added strength.

I'm pretty happy how it turned out:

IMG_3717.jpg IMG_3718.jpg

Apologies for the little bits of foam everywhere. I got too excited that it was actually done to brush it off for the photo. You know how it is! lol

181 - 200 of 244 Posts