Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have pics, but Big Lots is putting out Halloween. I think my store has everything out. They have $50 pose and stays and I picked up one of their "crystal balls" tonight...it's made of plastic.

I just wish they had the great deals on lights they used to have.

·
Blue Pill? or Red Pill?
4,258 Posts
I don't have pics, but Big Lots is putting out Halloween. I think my store has everything out. They have $50 pose and stays and I picked up one of their "crystal balls" tonight...it's made of plastic.

I just wish they had the great deals on lights they used to have.
Still keeping fingers crossed for pose n stays at Costco $35

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
There were two other ones when I looked before starting this thread...a summer clearance one and a friends and family weekend one...since those are specific events, I created this one.
Yeah, I didn't think there was a general one. I just wanted to put in there that they had those creepy attic lights like Grandin Road but Big Lots price is better at 12 bucks. they also have some string edison bulbs that make sounds for 12, I sort of liked those.
Now I'm just waiting for my Big Lots to put out the doorbells and the spirit balls.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I didn't think there was a general one. I just wanted to put in there that they had those creepy attic lights like Grandin Road but Big Lots price is better at 12 bucks. they also have some string edison bulbs that make sounds for 12, I sort of liked those.
Now I'm just waiting for my Big Lots to put out the doorbells and the spirit balls.
The string of lights with sound would work for someone building an electric chair

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
My Big Lots didn't have any Fall stuff or candles out yet - just two Halloween displays and empty aisles for the Fall stuff.

I did buy the Big Lots Witch, The Skelly Butler, the Eyeball Doorbell and also a trio of pumpkins that light up & sings. I put videos of the Witch, Butler & Doorbell in other posts, but I'll add them here too.

I also bought the 3 pack of twig trees (4ft size), but they didn't have any on display so I was basing my purchase on the photo on the box. When I got home to pull them out, I opened the box & saw TONS of glitter inside. I don't hate glitter but could see this kind of thing making a large mess every year, so I'm thinking I might return them.

·
Moonlighter
2,593 Posts
My Big Lots didn't have any Fall stuff or candles out yet - just two Halloween displays and empty aisles for the Fall stuff.

I did buy the Big Lots Witch, The Skelly Butler, the Eyeball Doorbell and also a trio of pumpkins that light up & sings. I put videos of the Witch, Butler & Doorbell in other posts, but I'll add them here too.

I also bought the 3 pack of twig trees (4ft size), but they didn't have any on display so I was basing my purchase on the photo on the box. When I got home to pull them out, I opened the box & saw TONS of glitter inside. I don't hate glitter but could see this kind of thing making a large mess every year, so I'm thinking I might return them.
Any chance you could post a pic of the twig tree from the box? I'm looking for a larger size tree but their website barely has any Halloween listed yet at all.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I saw a couple of videos showing it in another thread. I really like the look of the spirit ball, though the sayings are another story. Is there any way to turn the sound off and have only the lights going? Thanks.
I was thinking the same thing.
~Tiff
UPDATE I just opened mine and it has a light only switch position.

·
Registered
14,683 Posts
My stores said they are putting halloween out so I think I'll try to head over there early tomorrow morning before it gets hot. I'm definitely looking for the eyeball doorbell and while I have wanted the witch and think she looks great not sure yet what I will do if she's out on the shelf. Passed last year on paying for shipping on one, after wanting her so badly last year, so surprised to see myself saying that now when I could just pick her up in the store. Think it's more a matter of where to store another large prop box rather than her looks or sound track at this point.

Budget for halloween is dwindling and it's almost August. Other than maybe the gorilla rug from OT, the skeleton fish from Kmart, the eyeball globes from GR and the stuff already on order from BuyCostumes (2 tree guys and moving eyeball), that might be it for this year. I got Henry from GR this month and think I'm passing on the two lady props I was considering. Oh and I also love the Thing Haunted Lamp from Cracker Barrel I ordered online. Still we really haven't seen much of what will be out yet so don't hold me to this. I am definitely staying out of HG as I don't want to be tempted with any more decor/kitchen. LOL. I always get psyched up for the new season but I think the older I get and the longer I've been doing this and trips back and forth I'm feeling more worn out earlier in the season. Just not enjoying "the hunt" as much. It's been really hot this week so maybe that has something to do with it too.

That Spirit ball is nice (kind of think I prefer silencing it too). I like the swirling look of the ball and in fact I'd probably like it better if it was all one color like blue or white. Is it made by Gemmy? I wonder if I could do some kind of rotating shadow light inside one of my Spirit Balls that I disassembled for the prop head and get it look something like that. I'll be curious what people who buy one think about it.

·
Far Away Eyes
3,354 Posts
So far, I like the boney cat, the creepy attic lights, and the eyeball doorbell. The spirit ball is cool looking, but I already have one with a witch head in it, and a smaller color-changing one. I hope to get out and check the store for myself pretty soon here.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I would also like the spirit ball if the cheesy voice was not there. I passed on buying because of that.
Mike and Tiff updated that it has a "lights only" switch. I haven't hear the sayings yet but it sounds like they aren't great. I honestly don't like props that talk very much, it's usually too cheesy for me. I'm still on the fence about the spirit ball too

·
Registered
353 Posts
I went to Big Lots tonight, I picked up the eye door bell and the skelly cat (led eyes and meows and moves its mouth, never seen one like that). I also got lucky and picked up 5 large spools of purple LED "summer" lights at 50% off. I'm going back tomorrow to grab the attic light and the string Edison bulbs.

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
Went to Big Lots today...first time in a long time, actually. They seemed to be a bit pricier than I remembered..for my taste anyway.
I saw the string of attic lights that flickered but I thought the electric sounds it made were a little obnoxious so I was afraid of getting
them. If somebody does purchase them and finds there's a lights only option let me know! Cause I would definitely get them.
I did buy the one flickering attic light and I absolutely LOVE IT! It's just the right amount of subtle creepiness that I love. And for
12 bucks I thought it was worth it.

It's fairly large and it's made from what seems to be a very durable, hard plastic.

Footwear Shoe Leg Hand Finger

Here's a video:

1 - 20 of 149 Posts