Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched through 6 pages and didn't see a thread; tried to use the search engine, and didn't find one there, either.

I went to our Tuesday Morning store (an hour away) today. I didn't take pictures because there was very little stock out. The man who rang me up said that there were a lot of boxes in the back, though. I am going back on Friday, so hopefully I can get some pictures then.

This is what I picked up today:

Two round painted slate ornaments (with light glitter), $1.99 each; orange pumpkin ball ornament, also $1.99, and cool wall hanging, $4.99. The wall hanging has sheet music in it, although it didn't show up very well in the photo. The wire on mine wasn't set properly. I will have to bend it with my jewelry pliers to get it to look nice, while hanging straight.

HALL Tues.jpg

·
Registered
233 Posts
I hit up two Tuesday Mornings today and bought that same wall hanging. I also bought a really cute lantern that has an owl print on burlap ($9.99). It can be hung on a wall or used as a stand-alone. I also posted in the Magazine thread about a really nice Halloween magazine I bought for only $1.99. Can't wait to go back in a few days to see if more merchandise is set out!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
That s uff is amazing. Love it, just...love it! I'm going to pick up some paperclay from Michaels today to try and make some vintage look paper mache candy holders

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I loved the drink dispenser! That and the hats were really the only things that our store had, besides what I bought. They did have the steampunk figures, now that I think about it.

I didn't know that there were signs like mine with different sayings. Our store only had the one sign that I bought!

·
Registered
13,527 Posts
Just noticed the what appears to be resin tombstones on the bottom shelf. Any chance you guys have a photo of them standing up? Looks like a decent size and curious about the price. I also think that windup mummy figurine is really cute. I seldom get to my closest Tuesday Morning these days so appreciate the photos should one prompt me to make a trip.

·
Registered
233 Posts
No photos but the tombstones are resin and are a substantial weight. They also have (depending on the style) some sort of battery-operated light feature. Light-up eyes and one design has light-up candles. I can't remember 100%, but I think the price might have been $39.99.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I may have to check this place out tomorrow morning. I went to a location once and was so turned off by their setup and atmosphere in general, but if they have Halloween stuff for cheap, I am totally down for scoping it out. There is one really close to my work, so I will go next week! Thanks for the post!

·
Registered
13,527 Posts
Thanks for the photos of the tombstones Velvet Vampire. Those are very nice for the price. I see they made it into your house from the walls and rug in the photo...;)

·
Registered
13,527 Posts
I use to live really close to one a number of years back. In my stores (had 2 back then actually within driving distance) they had a somewhat small halloween section but got in some very nice items. Nothing in quantity to compare to HGs. Kind of miss them even though I have a HG and TJMaxx closer now. Someone from the Dallas area I believe it was would post in past yearly threads with lots of cool items their store got in. But as I recall that area was their home base and they had much larger stores there. Definitely worth a look though as Halloween starts coming out onto the shelves.

·
Registered
263 Posts
MandaMalice, thanks for the pics. I saw the tombstones, and called my nearest store. They were just putting Halloween out today, and held them for me.

They are solar, and have amber lights.

Here's some pics, GoS
How much!? Those are great additions!

·
Registered
262 Posts
How much!? Those are great additions!
Yes, they are very nice tombstones. Grandin Road had some similar ones a few years ago. I have those, and these are nicer. The "I'll Be Back" stone is a little wobbly on soft surfaces, but the other one is extremely sturdy, and weighted very well. They are $39.99 each.

Spookie, I just can't pass up a good resin tombstone. And yep, they came home with me, where they were immediately pluncked onto that one spot in my dining room where the light is just right to take a picture using my ipad2. lol. My hope is that this purchase will be enough to keep me from buying the Beloved tombstone from Grandin Road. It probably won't stop me, but I had to try. ;-)

·
Registered
371 Posts
OKAY, I went first thing this morning, because I could not resist after y'all showed all the pictures! They had so many cute vintage looking items, but I'm not doing that theme for another couple of years, so I got some things that I could use year round. This is everything I got today.

CAM00123.jpg

·
Registered
13,527 Posts
Yes, they are very nice tombstones. Grandin Road had some similar ones a few years ago. I have those, and these are nicer. The "I'll Be Back" stone is a little wobbly on soft surfaces, but the other one is extremely sturdy, and weighted very well. They are $39.99 each.

Spookie, I just can't pass up a good resin tombstone. And yep, they came home with me, where they were immediately pluncked onto that one spot in my dining room where the light is just right to take a picture using my ipad2. lol. My hope is that this purchase will be enough to keep me from buying the Beloved tombstone from Grandin Road. It probably won't stop me, but I had to try. ;-)

The GR one is nice but it is small, heightwise. Someone posted a photo of it next to the large GR dog and the dog looked so much larger than the stone. I thought it made the tombstone look dwarfed in proportion. Not sure if you put a great dane next to a real tombstone how both would look together but I'd recommend thinking about the proportions of your various tombstones in relation to each other.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
12 Participants
MandaMalice
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing