Halloween Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had fewer ToTers than years past due to some rain and other events going on the same night but I am over all happy with the way things turned out. I'm not entirely happy with my song selections this year but appropriate Halloween themed songs are few and far in between and this is my fifth video so I'm running out of ideas. I think next year I will start recycling some of the songs. I hope you enjoy.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
That was awesome! There were a number of laugh out louds to be had watching that! Poor zombie took a beating in the end, LOL!

What you can start doing is putting a cctv mic or two in line to grab the actual audio, which would be awesome to hear. The cheap cctv mics pick up really well. You can literally pick up everything with even one mic inside near an open window. They work that well. Then you can choose whatever music you want and put it lower in the mix. I did get scared a few times from a liability point of view with people on the property. That would have me second guessing the risk. But the fun was obvious, no doubt! Thanks for posting!

·
Prop Master
728 Posts
Awesome bro, i have been wanting to place cameras in my haunt for years but when the time comes i'm short on funds. I agree with Shockwave199 somewhat, there were a couple of parts were i cringed from a property owner point of view, but i have had people literally run out and slam right into my garage door and dozens of instances over the years, people are usually pretty forgiving though. and dont worry about your soundtrack i used the Halloween theme for 10 years on a loop and for the last 4 years i use Gangrel's theme from WWE on a loop. as long is it's spooky sounding no one pays attention to actual song. can't wait to see 2015.

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
that was awesome. that poor guy on the ground jumping out, I bet he was tired and sore by the end of the night. great fun though. the zombie that took the beating, that was all staged, right? I don't know what that flying contraction was, but it got plenty of scares. what was it? and how did it move so fast and then rewind. it was great

·
Registered
105 Posts
Pretty cool, Matt! It looks like you have a lot of fun! What's best about it to me, is that when it is still early, people are even freaked out... and they can see it coming!

Reactions: matthewthemanparker

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everybody! I do worry a little about the liability. It seems like every year there is always one person that falls. There happened to be more this year. Also, there were more people this year that crossed the fencing. Some adults, some kids. All old enough to know better. One even hoisted her toddler over the fence so that she could get a better look at my singing pumpkins. The kid ended up sitting on and breaking the foam housing I had built to hide the projector because she thought it was a seat. I had to keep calm when that happened. Barriers are there for a reason. Ok, venting over with.

that was awesome. that poor guy on the ground jumping out, I bet he was tired and sore by the end of the night. great fun though. the zombie that took the beating, that was all staged, right? I don't know what that flying contraction was, but it got plenty of scares. what was it? and how did it move so fast and then rewind. it was great

The contraption you see in the video. It is inside of a mausoleum we built. You can't tell from the video but it also has an e-cracker hooked up to it so they get sound and movement.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts