Halloween Forum banner

2014 Prop Work

Prop Showcase: 
7K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  jmowbray 
#1 ·
Well with 60 days left I have decided to jump on a project for this year.

I will try to post pics tomorrow but I'm making a cauldron creep and a cauldron to go with it. The clock is ticking so off to work I go!!;)

#2 ·
I'm still trying to build the fence I wanted to do last year for my cemetery. I have most of the stuff I need but I am also in the middle of prepping my house so I can paint it. Need to build one more zombie and two more tombstones.

#4 ·
You can always try. I usually finish with about a week to spare.

This is what I have done thus far. I finished the ribbing, duck taped the entire thing and have put on the first layer of paper mache. It's now a waiting game for it to dry. Plus there are some massive rain storms headed this way. I'm hoping it will be dry enough to get a second layer on today yet. I'm now off to build the structure for the creep wish me luck.

The pipe in the back is for the fog machine.

#18 ·
So now I have to cut the shoulder area and figure out how to splice the arm segment in there.
I did mine without any of the external framing. Just fuse the upper (holding arm) at the elbow in a natural looking position with screws, glue, whatever, then use a screw through an oversized hole in the hand to attach it to your stick. The oversized hole should be large enough to leave some wiggle room, but not be big enough for the screw head to pass through. You may or may not need to secure the arm at the shoulder too. I did on mine because it made the torso move a little, which looks cool. The lower (stirring) should just be loosely attached at the shoulder and elbow and attached to the stick at the hand. I think a bent wrist on the stirring hand looks more realistic, like it's taking a little effort to stir. Your creep looks great BTW.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.