Halloween Forum banner

121 - 140 of 484 Posts

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
No, for this one and the cthulhu one I did, I sized images from the Internet, cut out with an Xacto, then modge podged it to the canvas. Others I've done on this thread are hand painted. My drawing skills are pretty limited!

P.S. I painted that candelabra, then bought one of those plugs where you can do the wiring yourself. Ha, I blew out my circuit breaker and there was smoke coming from my outlet. Guess I better let that job go to an expert! LOL

Dawn are you painting this stuff on these pictures?! WOW

·
Registered
41 Posts
hello everyone! I stumbled upon this thread and am extremely glad that I did, its decided (I think, if my indecisiveness doesn't take over again) that I will do a haunted hotel theme for my 2014 yard haunt. I love the theme due to the fact that it is a pretty rare theme and not many people have done/do it. thank you all for the fantastic inspiration and ideas! dawnski you have an amazing party in the works! when I finally get cracking I'll make sure to update you all :D

·
Margarita Goddess
5,440 Posts
No, for this one and the cthulhu one I did, I sized images from the Internet, cut out with an Xacto, then modge podged it to the canvas. Others I've done on this thread are hand painted. My drawing skills are pretty limited!

P.S. I painted that candelabra, then bought one of those plugs where you can do the wiring yourself. Ha, I blew out my circuit breaker and there was smoke coming from my outlet. Guess I better let that job go to an expert! LOL
have to buy certain plugs for the wiring, so I'm told. They are NEVER pretty ones :( I leave the picking out of all electrical Parts to the husband since he does know electrical. :D

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Keep us posted Chris!

hello everyone! I stumbled upon this thread and am extremely glad that I did, its decided (I think, if my indecisiveness doesn't take over again) that I will do a haunted hotel theme for my 2014 yard haunt. I love the theme due to the fact that it is a pretty rare theme and not many people have done/do it. thank you all for the fantastic inspiration and ideas! dawnski you have an amazing party in the works! when I finally get cracking I'll make sure to update you all :D

·
Registered
306 Posts
Awesome Thread..... Thank you for starting so early. I am doing the Tower of Terror Hotel theme also this year and started a new tread. I just got started with sending my 'Save the Date' emails today. I don't have the invitation idea yet, but loved the previous idea of sending hotel keys attached to the invitation. They will go in the mail in September. Will check back with you periodically. Thanks.

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Haven't been posting lately as we're just finishing up a major construction project at the house. The crew took over our garage and I haven't been able to do any haunt work. The husband says, "Relax, it's only going to be August." And I'm like, "Yeah, I'm really behind!"

Hilda on HF posted this awesome Cracker Barrel find of a haunted suitcase. I picked that puppy up right away. It's pretty awesome. The face and hands pull out the fabric and it whispers and screams along with some sayings. Tomorrow I plan to check out someone's garage sale that is selling haunt items. I've got my fingers crossed that I'll find some good stuff.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Wow!!! I can't wait to see how it all comes together. I might have to snag this idea for next year. I really love it that much!!!! AweSome, seriously cool....

·
Margarita Goddess
5,440 Posts
Haven't been posting lately as we're just finishing up a major construction project at the house. The crew took over our garage and I haven't been able to do any haunt work. The husband says, "Relax, it's only going to be August." And I'm like, "Yeah, I'm really behind!"

Hilda on HF posted this awesome Cracker Barrel find of a haunted suitcase. I picked that puppy up right away. It's pretty awesome. The face and hands pull out the fabric and it whispers and screams along with some sayings. Tomorrow I plan to check out someone's garage sale that is selling haunt items. I've got my fingers crossed that I'll find some good stuff.
I MUST head to Cracker Barrel tomorrow!!! Thanks for posting!!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Great idea. I'm going to print creepy portraits from Pinterest on a big printer that we have at work or have them printed at Fed Ex, cut them out and tape to existing framed things that are already hanging in my house. I think it will look close enough that the creepy portraits are framed.

·
Margarita Goddess
5,440 Posts
Great idea. I'm going to print creepy portraits from Pinterest on a big printer that we have at work or have them printed at Fed Ex, cut them out and tape to existing framed things that are already hanging in my house. I think it will look close enough that the creepy portraits are framed.
Some places won't print them due to copy right laws. Just a heads up. :)

·
Margarita Goddess
5,440 Posts

·
Headless Hessian
1,056 Posts

·
Margarita Goddess
5,440 Posts
Thanks for posting the link Bethany - I had a commitment for this afternoon/evening and I'm just seeing the post from bettyboop.

Betty, hope you find some inspirations in my thread and feel free to let me know if you have any questions - glad to help out.
Saw Betty's light was on, so I posted the link. Glad to help!! :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
I, too, am doing a haunted inn/hotel theme this year. I've been really lucky with findings at garage sales and flea markets. I've been picking up fake flowers and spray painting them black, found a vintage radio, candelabras, etc. My house will basically be this: the living room will be the registration/lobby. The dining room will be, well, the dining room. The kitchen, again, the kitchen and the family room will be the bedroom. Been finding great ideas on this site and on Pinterest. One member on this site made an awesome grandfather clock from cardboard and totally inspired me to do one for the lobby. I wish I can remember the user's name but if he/she sees this post, I wish to thank them! I think it turned out pretty well.
IMG_1646.jpg

·
Registered
306 Posts
I picked up some cool old style suitcases from Home Goods yesterday. A little pricy but plan on giving to my daughter for decorating her new house after the party. hahaha, that's how I justified the purchase!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I, too, am doing a haunted inn/hotel theme this year. I've been really lucky with findings at garage sales and flea markets. I've been picking up fake flowers and spray painting them black, found a vintage radio, candelabras, etc. My house will basically be this: the living room will be the registration/lobby. The dining room will be, well, the dining room. The kitchen, again, the kitchen and the family room will be the bedroom. Been finding great ideas on this site and on Pinterest. One member on this site made an awesome grandfather clock from cardboard and totally inspired me to do one for the lobby. I wish I can remember the user's name but if he/she sees this post, I wish to thank them! I think it turned out pretty well.
View attachment 206671
Is this the one you made? It looks great!

121 - 140 of 484 Posts