Halloween Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
861 - 880 of 880 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Great scores! I really liked CVS this year. I have the items you bought plus the chattering teeth and just picked up a skeleton at 50% off.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Not sure where to post... maybe we should have a separate Gemmy LED Lighting thread?

Noticed the Walmart nearest to me now stocks the single color, *non* Kaleidoscope Red Lightshow Spotlight and Green Lightshow Spotlights for $15 each. There was a store display featuring the White Kaleidoscope Projection Spotlight--but not a single one on the shelves--that one is priced at $20--just like Family Dollar. If anyone sees a White Kaleidoscope Projection Spotlight in a U.S. based chain retail store, please share--$15 would be a good price.

The single color, non-motion effect Red and Green units appear to be the same ones at those I picked up at the At Home store (the Store Formerly Known as Garden Ridge--who has Red, Green, Blue, and White models of the single-color, non-strobing, non-motion, plain 'ole Gemmy LED spotlights--also for $15 each there; but no Kaleidoscope sightings at that store).

Should we have a separate Gemmy LED lighting thread? I know it all started with the HSN sighting of the Gemmy Fire & Ice "fire" spotlight / thread--or at least that's how I recall it. Should I link to this post in any of the other Gemmy LED spotlight threads? Not sure if I'd know how--only know how to link to a given *page* within a thread.

Anyway, here are some photos from Walmart:

IMG_20141107_155010.jpg

IMG_20141107_155018.jpg

IMG_20141107_155031.jpg

·
Ghouls Rule
2,584 Posts
All my Lowes and HD are sold out in both my county and Pinellas for the blue kaleidoscope. I really would love to have one or 2. >< If anyone sees any, please pick them up for me and ship to me (or let me know the store and I will buy them first then the member can ship to me. )

·
Registered
13,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #867
Mike, Walmarts price is basically same as Home Depot's. However right now HD has an incandescent string light trade-in (see post under General Discussions) and you can get $5 off the price of their Gemmy LightShow kaleidoscope lights. HD's branded Gemmy spotlights under the label of Home Accents in red, green, blue qualify for a trade-in discount of $3 per light fixture. When I was in HD the other day I thought I saw a white Kaleidoscope globe projector.

When you go to trade in your string lights, Home Depot give you a kind of coupon to use on checkout, had a sales clerk show it to me. Limit 5 strands trade-in per person. Check the thread I posted because the offer expires this week I believe. I plan to take in some of our old light strands I don't like anyway and get a few more spots for halloween use.

HOME DEPOT STING LIGHT TRADE IN PROGRAM

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Mike, Walmarts price is basically same as Home Depot's. However right now HD has an incandescent string light trade-in (see post under General Discussions) and you can get $5 off the price of their Gemmy LightShow kaleidoscope lights. HD's branded Gemmy spotlights under the label of Home Accents in red, green, blue qualify for a trade-in discount of $3 per light fixture. When I was in HD the other day I thought I saw a white Kaleidoscope globe projector.

When you go to trade in your string lights, Home Depot give you a kind of coupon to use on checkout, had a sales clerk show it to me. Limit 5 strands trade-in per person. Check the thread I posted because the offer expires this week I believe. I plan to take in some of our old light strands I don't like anyway and get a few more spots for halloween use.

HOME DEPOT STING LIGHT TRADE IN PROGRAM
Cool deal. Thanks Spookie!

@KittyVibe, sorry you're having difficulty finding the blue kaleidoscope--it really is a nice effect. Hopefully availability will open up for you.
Do you not have a Home Depot, Lowes, or Kmart in the Tampa, FL area?

http://www.gemmy.com/Outdoor_Kaleidoscope_Spotlight_Blue_p/88619.htm

·
Ghouls Rule
2,584 Posts
no mike, lowes, HD and the single kmart are showing zero stock *(only white was online at Kmart, blue isnt even listed), not to mention the next county over which is 45 min drive to the nearest and the drive once there can go an hour either direction to encompass everything between St Petersburg and Clearwater.

trust me, Ive donw my due diligence. When I called individual stores for the inflatables I also asked about the lights, a no go for the lights.

·
Registered
13,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #871
Paul, will start a new thread come January. Knowing this crowd here, there will be lots more posts here leading up to the new year.

·
Registered
490 Posts
i buy very little Halloween decorations, my store is home depot.

Have you ever noticed that in most stores they will put out Halloween stuff in September, and then when October hits most of the space gets converted to Christmas. I wish Halloween got the proper respect that it deserves.
Yeah me too. :(

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
We stopped in Kohls today and I was surprised at how much Halloween they had left. 65% to 85% off! Some nice stuff left over.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
For those that have an Aldis nearby.....they have a model of the human body that is see thru with squishy organs inside. Would look nice in a lab scene. They also come in a T-Rex for $14.99.
Whoa, we have Aldis in my area but I've never shopped at one. Or considered that store as a possibility for Halloween merch. How large is the body? Got a photo of it?

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Sorry...I can't take pics and I didn't really pay attention to size but it's over 12". Aldis gets halloween mechandise in and lots of neat baking treats too. This item happens to be in their xmas stuff with toys.

Made it back to Aldi's and they have marked these down to $9.99 so I got one for myself. The box says they are actually 12".
http://www.halloweenforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=232902&d=1419402072

861 - 880 of 880 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.