Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My biggest addition this year is my maze. And let me tell you, I have gained so much respect for people who do walk through haunts. This has been a lot more work than I had anticipated. From securing material to installation, it has been an adventure.

My biggest mistake was thinking that it would not be hard to fill up about a 900 square foot area. Since your are building a maze you can probably triple the area needed to be built out.

I shall keep calm and carry on......:D

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Mine will only be about half that size this year, but you're right, it's still a ton of work. Probably doesn't help that we won't start until the afternoon of the 30th. ;)

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Take it from the Senior Haunters>>>>>>> Its called the Halloween Cocktail.........2 Excedrins downed with an Alka Seltzer Plus....works wonders. I can tell from looking at the amount of pallets you have for this great idea that you are gonna need a few of these cocktails! Might want to add a jar of Icy Hot!

Can't wait to see it when its finished!
the Muffster

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am so friggin' tired tonight. It is now officially Halloween, and I have a boat load to do tomorrow. I am so thankful that I have the full day off. I have my overall lighting done. The cemetery is done minus people and the pumpkin patch is done minus Lil' Pumpkin Nester.

The maze is the sore spot. I have the red flood lights up, but I need to place all the animatronics and a couple I have to still put together. The maze will not be super scary because there is some good light coming through, but at the same time it lessens my worry that someone may trip and fall.

I have attached below my annual candy picture. In the picture are 87 sleeves of candy with each sleeve containing 6 fun size pieces. Each kid will get one full sleeve. I think good candy is important for Halloween. Of course that is easy for me to say since I do not get 500 kids.
:D

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Like most of you, I am sooo totally drained right now. I did find the energy to go to the Spirit sale, but I only went to one store. :D

Back on point, I took three day time photographs as I was setting up yesterday. I did not take any pics of the maze as I was running like around like a madman trying to get done. But I am sure that my wife did and I will post them later.

·
Prop Master
728 Posts
I know the feeling. I build a haunted house every year totally out of pallets screwed together, hundreds of them and it is exuasting. In my haunt i use what i can get for free and working at a warehouse it just makes sense. I don't know how you can start a couple of day's before zero hour, you must be a building machine, i start building after new year's. Good job, it looks really nice.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Would love to see some more pics of your Maze once you had finished it, love the look with the bamboo. I'm toying with the idea of doing one possibly next year.
Unfortunately, the video was total junk this year. Between the lighting and heavy rain, was very unwatchable. And I was working all the way up to the last hour and I do not have any camera pics.

looking good
Thanks, but I feel like I ended up far short of my goal. But, I am sure that we all feel like that some years.

I know the feeling. I build a haunted house every year totally out of pallets screwed together, hundreds of them and it is exuasting. In my haunt i use what i can get for free and working at a warehouse it just makes sense. I don't know how you can start a couple of day's before zero hour, you must be a building machine, i start building after new year's. Good job, it looks really nice.
I saw your pics. You are like the Pallet King. I noticed that you stack your pallets two high. And yes, I totally under estimated every aspect of building a maze. :eek:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts