Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so it's probably a little premature to start a thread since my store has no stock on the floor yet...but is this a good place for cheap Halloween stuff? I don't recall anyone talking about it before.

I stopped in to buy a couple of things that they always carry, and asked the manager about Halloween. His eyes lit up! He said "Oh yeah!" and that he had two "floater boxes" of stock come in, but that the other stock should come in within a couple of weeks.

I was on my way out the door, kind of in a hurry when I asked, so I didn't get specifics. I'm hoping by his reaction, that it's similar to 99 Cents Only, although this store is tiny. They carry a lot of Dollar Tree's merchandise too, I noticed the "Greenbriar" name on some of the items that I looked at today.

·
Registered
13,781 Posts
Hmm, "DEALS" apparently is owned by Dollar Tree, hence the Greenbriar labeled merchandise I guess, and is Dollar Tree's model for low-cost mdse that is priced above a dollar but still inexpensive and it kind of then let's them compete with 99 Only Stores that have changed their pricing structure. Here's DEALS website: DEALS

We only have Dollar Trees out here based on my search on their website. Do you have Dollar Tree as well? Looks to be hoping to steal business away from places like Walmart on some products.

Lair Mistress, even though I don't have one here I hope you will post photos of the halloween mdse from the store near you.

BTW if you check under "Seasonal" on their website, they have some of what they will carry for halloween decorations. From what I can tell everything listed was a $1 and came from Dollar Tree stock. Would be interested to see if they get inventory of items that cost more (live Five Below carries). I see $5 toys in their toy section so probably.

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
*smacks self on forehead* You know, I've seen the "Deals" link on the DT site before, and just never put two and two together! No wonder they have DT stock!

I will definitely check for merchandise that DT doesn't carry, and take pictures if there is any.

We have a DT store in the town that I live in, and there are a couple in the same town as the Deals store (Springfield, IL). One says it's a DT Super Store, but it doesn't seem any larger than ours, and has pretty much the same merchandise. I'm kicking myself for not looking yesterday when I was in town, though. Ours doesn't have the skull nail polish bottles yet, and I wondered if theirs did. I didn't think of it until after I got home!

I have to go back to that town on Friday next week, so I *might* be able to stop in to the DTSS and Deals stores again, but I'll have little guy with me, and sometimes he's not into shopping, and would rather run around screaming. :p

I'm going to start stalking the Five Below store once a week too, but I don't know if I'll go on Friday. They had a lot of summer stuff left last weekend, and a lot of back to school, too. I think they'll put Halloween out closer to mid-August, if not late August.

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Again, I hate to post with no pictures, but...

I stopped in at our Deals store for a quick minute today. They had different cardboard houses than Dollar Tree carried last year, but I think maybe someone mentioned that DT has new ones this year, too? They also had the coffin boxes that were mentioned on the DT thread, and the scarves that the DTs have.

Ours had a few costumes, $5-15, mostly superheroes (Superman, Supergirl, Batgirl, TMNT). The majority of their items were the same as DT's, but they have tall skinny foam pumpkins for $5 that are about two and a half, or maybe three of the DT size stacked on top of one another. I almost picked one up, but I'm watching spending till paychecks start up again.

I'll try going back next week for photos, I just didn't have time today. I thought those of you who have the stores might want a heads up on the boxes, scarves, and pumpkins, though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts