Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a raw video walk through of our 2014 display - Canyon Trail Cemetery. After about 150 man hours of set up between my wife and I, it's about finished. A couple new items this year are the Pumpkin King, Pumpkin Skelerector and facade on the house.

·
Blue Pill? or Red Pill?
4,156 Posts
Wow. Bravo ! I love the spider eggs and the itsy bitsy spider...very original and spooky. And the small pumpkin guys all in a row - perfectly dressed and executed. The lighting is just right. You get an A++++++
Id like to do something like your coffin that shaking - someone trying to get out. Any links on that of a tut? (the animatronics of it) Im always hesistant to do any animatronics becuase of heavy rain here, but that seems to be covered and might work for next year.
Do you have any alarms/security being so close to the sidewalk? I would be so paranoid of theft.

·
Headless Hessian
1,056 Posts
I really wish I lived in your neighborhood because I would visit your display every single day. You deliver a caliber of Halloween magic and mystery that is beyond words and I hope you get lots of appreciation and scares from your guests. Great job !

·
>^..^<
797 Posts
Wow! Looks great! I love the movement on the huge shaggy pumpkin creature at 1:35, the pumpkin kids at 2:41, the crate creature, and "Itsy Bitsy Spider" - that's fantastic. Thank you for sharing that (and doing all that work - I hope the people who get to see it in real life appreciate how wonderful it is!)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone!

@Matrixmom - The banging coffin is one of the simpler pneumatics. It is a standard toe pincher (I used this design) and it uses a single 2' - 3' throw cylinder. You could also use a cam and a wiper motor. Rain and weather is not really an issue - I live in the Chicago area and see all types of weather, Our Samara prop has the cylinder under water.

@takingcatblues - You named my favorites! Yes, we get several thousand people over the course of the month and we get a ton of positive feedback and appreciation from the community.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Finally finished our 2014 video.

Some of the new props for 2014 were a facade for the front of the house, a jumbo Pumpkin Skelerector which rose to about 10' and The Pumpkin King who rises to about 12' in the air and moves his arms.

Mother Nature was once again unkind and there were snow flurries in the AM and it was 30 degrees with 30 - 40 MPH winds in the afternoon and evening. Regardless, we had about 1,000 Trick-or-Treaters on Halloween with about 3,000 people visiting on Halloween Day.

·
Registered
360 Posts
As impressive as this video is there is nothing like seeing this haunt in person. I drove from Champaign, Illinois to see some of the awesome Chicago Haunters. Not only did they have great haunts they are also really great people.

Reactions: slanks
1 - 16 of 16 Posts