Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! The 2014 halloween/haunt season is creeping up on us quite quickly so I have been doing a lot of thinking lately. Despite my brainstorming I'm still unsure as to what direction I want to take my haunt in this year. The idea that I am most leaning towards at the moment and would like to follow through with is having one "centre piece" type prop in the centre of the yard surrounded by smaller accent props. Although I have my general idea I have no idea what to build, some ideas I have are: giant spider, giant scarecrow or an above-ground tomb/grave slab, but I am not really satisfied with any of these. I'm hoping some of you guys could brainstorm some ideas for my "centre piece" prop and pass them on to me, it would be greatly appreciated! :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a large yard and always have trouble with the center.

Here's a few ideas I have not tried but may someday:

giant tentacle creature coming out of ground
huge spooky tree
witches' coven scene
large woodland goblin creature
headless horseman with horse
cluster of scarecrows along a fence with cornstalks and jacks

·
Registered
54 Posts
Im with you Chris. I've decided to move the cemetery to the side yard this year and make the front a pirate theme. Going to use 4" pvc round pipe by 10' long and double them up to stand a total of 20' in the air. The masts will be hooked up by cross pipe pieces with either 3 or 2 inch pipe and old bed sheets and cheese cloth hanging from them. Then I will put some pose n stay skellys around. One driving the ship, one throwing up with a pump I picked up online, on hanging by one arm and his feet from the yardarm with a rum bottle in the other hand etc etc etc. Have made my parts lists and am pricing it out. Should be well under 100.00 dollars American for all this. Seems the most expensive parts are the cross pipes. I think a 20 foot mainmast in the front yard will earn the attention I'm looking for LOL and I will be posting pics. Picked up a pirate trunk for gold last week at a yard sale for $20. Score!!! also making a couple cannons right now in the dining room that will go nicely with the theme. cheap and easy and many thanks to the tutorial pages for that and then some.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts