Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so this year, I had delusions of grandeur, and wanted to do so much more with my yard haunt than in previous years...

Time got away from me, had another baby, and general business had caused me much delay in getting things put up or expanded as much as I would have liked... I want to add some "mad scientist" /autopsy effects / aspects to my rather unthemed haunt... However I think that's going on the list for next year. (I have an IV pole, IV bags, and even real IV tubing that I was planning to use... but just couldn't get it done in time.)

I was able to add some lighting effects (that were severely lacking last year.)

Skellys are Wallys, that need corpsing but time got away. Low lying fog and flicker in the lantern did not capture...

Here are some photos:
WP_20131027_19_40_41_Pro.jpg
WP_20131027_19_40_08_Pro.jpg
WP_20131027_19_39_57_Pro.jpg
WP_20131027_19_39_33_Pro.jpg

Feedback is always appreciated.

·
Blue Pill? or Red Pill?
4,076 Posts
You have some carefully placed spooky items and lit well. Thats half the battle. Maybe put something behind those big huge beautiful windows light it with a blue cfl or other color, and turn off the lights. The only thing that doesnt appeal to me which shouts christmas but not halloween - the lights across the top of the house. But what do I know? I bet your tot will love it all......most people dont light any of their displays at all which makes it dull.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:) Thanks for the feedback. Last year it was lit, but not very well. The gutter lights provide a bit more ambient light that is really more noticeable when the blinds are closed or the lights are lower inside (like they will be for Halloween) Part of my issue is that I have some younger TOT's that come by, and I want to hit the best of both worlds. (spooky but not scare them so bad they don't want to come to the house)

(as my kids get older, I get to be more scary)

·
Registered
873 Posts
Think about things that the can be seen by some and not by others.
For instance something on a table or platform, you have to be so tall or you can't see it.
Someone in a black hooded robe, you can cover the face with a black hanging cloth for little kids and pull the cloth to the side to reveal a scary mask for the others.
One year we had such a good scare, a few of the parents actually ran off without their kids.
All the kids saw was mommy screamed and ran back down the walk, or across the grass and out of the yard for some reason...

·
Far Away Eyes
3,354 Posts
Maybe add some lit jack-o-lanterns or carved pumpkins. I like your lighting otherwise. And, I agree, you could have something in the windows, backlit silhouettes or something.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
hippieman556
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing