Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This year's edition of Martha Stewart's Halloween issue is out on newsstands. Just had time for a quick flip, but it looks like there are some new ideas this year as opposed to a rehash of previous issues as I found the last couple years to have been.

F

·
0 Posts
I have been searching for that issue like an animal searches for precious precious blood. Thanks for the early scouting report, and I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

·
Registered
13,781 Posts
There was another thread started weeks ago about halloween magazines and when It came out on the newsstands I posted a photo of it there. I'll see if I can find the thread and put up a link here.

·
Registered
13,781 Posts
OK here's the link to the magazine thread with the photo: http://www.halloweenforum.com/general-halloween/126632-halloween-food-decor-magazines-6.html#post1505982 I will say that the cover kind of blended into the rest of the covers on the newstand as it was done in pastels. If the colors were orange and black or other halloween color combos it would have stood out more. I agree that it was a pretty good issue and I picked it up when grocery shopping. Hubby notice it was one of those "more expensive magazines".

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
I finally got to flip through one today. Sad to say, I didn't see anything I would use in it. I don't need costume ideas, recipes, or craft ideas, so I saved myself $10. I truly think Pinterest has ruined magazine reading for me. I haven't bought a single Halloween magazine this year.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I purchased this issue in a spur of the moment omg-halloween-must-have-now! Was a little disappointed with it. There were a few good things, but not what i was expecting.

·
A Wee Bit Wicked
1,292 Posts
I wish she would get it together and put out a new one with all original ideas. The last 3 years have been pretty much rehashed stuff from old issues.
Let's all bombard the grandin road feedback with requests for it!
;)
:eek: I agree....it is like she takes the same ideas and moves them around and then it's "TA DA"....the "new" Halloween edition...she should just call it Halloween Leftovers and be done with it. (and I am a huge MSL fan...but come on....give us something NEW!!!):mad:

·
Reaper Guardian
2,041 Posts
Martha's 72, and still busy as heck. Maybe she's decided to slow down, and keep the cool Halloween stuff for herself....

·
Reaper Guardian
2,041 Posts
Picked up this year's issue today. There was only one thing that I remember from prior issues. Things that I won't use? Sure, but that's true everywhere. Overall, think this is a good one.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I will look for it. I will be honest even if I dont use one idea in it lol I really do like looking through them, and getting in the Halloween mood. Last year I bought Better Home and Gardens, and 2 others, ended up not making anything out of it lol but still loved looking through it. I guess I kinda collect them lol

·
Registered
662 Posts
I looked in Lowes tonight and they didn't have it. I think Food Lion sells Martha Stewart Living. I will try there. I did find Better Homes and Gardens tonight though.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I looked through it twice tonight. I agree, it was not a rehash of previous issues. I may or may not buy it. I remember spending hours reading and re-reading the earlier issues. Nothing grabbed me but I was tired. I'll take a second look. I have to say though, I find this forum far more interesting. :)

Lisa

1 - 16 of 16 Posts