Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't noticed a thread yet for Halloween City/Party City's halloween mdse (they are related companies for those that don't know this) so thought I'd start this. Both have their halloween mdse on their sites now (very similar). Several of the items I was interested in weren't available yet but it was good to see what they will be carrying.

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just checked their store locations and Halloween City has pulled out of a lot of the SF Bay area. They still have Party City but the Party Citys that I've been in have a much, much smaller halloween area, focusing more on party deocrations. Hmmm.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Party city is most likely just putting their halloween decor in the stores. I have noticed Party city has slowly been weening their decor/props over the years.

·
Banned
2,717 Posts
Party City has been very slow this year in putting up their Halloween stuff. A few years ago most of the store was Halloween and they had a bit of everything. Now it's mostly costumes and one or two aisles of Halloween stuff.

·
Ridin' The Storm Out
1,076 Posts
Oh, do they finally have store locations up? I checked a few days ago and they still had the message up from last year, thanking everyone for a great season. I'll have to pop over and check it out.

EDIT: Hmm, I'm wondering if they've even got all of their locations locked in yet, or at least programmed into the site, because it's telling me that the closest location they'll have to southeastern Virginia will be in northern Pennsylvania. :eek: Erm, I call shenanigans on that one - there are always locations in Newport News and Virginia Beach, and usually Hampton, too.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Oh, do they finally have store locations up? I checked a few days ago and they still had the message up from last year, thanking everyone for a great season. I'll have to pop over and check it out.

EDIT: Hmm, I'm wondering if they've even got all of their locations locked in yet, or at least programmed into the site, because it's telling me that the closest location they'll have to southeastern Virginia will be in northern Pennsylvania. :eek: Erm, I call shenanigans on that one - there are always locations in Newport News and Virginia Beach, and usually Hampton, too.
It doesn't look like they have all the sites up yet. We have only had a Halloween City once in my county, two years ago, but the website shows only a handful of stores in all of California. That can't be right.

On the plus side, my Party City started putting Halloween out more than two weeks ago.

·
Banned
2,717 Posts
I went to Party City today and they started putting up stuff. Not enough was up but it's a start. It seems they take their time these days when it comes to Halloween.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts

If you check to see available jobs through their career section, you can see available store posistions in your area. I'm not interested in working for them, but it tells you where the close stores are that aren't in the store locater section yet!

·
Ridin' The Storm Out
1,076 Posts
If you check to see available jobs through their career section, you can see available store posistions in your area. I'm not interested in working for them, but it tells you where the close stores are that aren't in the store locater section yet!
Aha! Thanks much, that did the trick!

As expected, they're hiring for positions in Newport News, Williamsburg, Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, and Portsmouth. Very nice.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
A couple of new Gemmy products that I saw today when I stopped at Halloween City: Zombie Teddy Bear and Black Winged Gargoyle (heavy little thing, seemingly made of resin). Party City has free shipping on any size order, although neither item is available for purchase online at the moment, and the HC store had $5 tacked on to the online prices and there were no coupons to be found (can't win):rolleyes:

·
Spooky Express
659 Posts
A couple of new Gemmy products that I saw today when I stopped at Halloween City: Zombie Teddy Bear and Black Winged Gargoyle (heavy little thing, seemingly made of resin). Party City has free shipping on any size order, although neither item is available for purchase online at the moment, and the HC store had $5 tacked on to the online prices and there were no coupons to be found (can't win):rolleyes:
I really like the looks of the Gemmy Zombie Teddy Bear. If I had a Halloween City near me I would buy him (If he ever went on sale).

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
HC in San Francisco Bay and south bay area

I believe I posted earlier in this thread that I went to HC's store locator and it looked like HC had pulled out of the SF Bay area (Party Citys are still around in San Jose and the peninsula). Well imagine my surprise when we were driving down 101 south and I saw their banner on the tall signage at the Dunne Avenue exit in Morgan Hill near Gilroy (south SF Bay). Went back to check it out the other day and they are apparently going in in the shopping plaza where Home Depot and Safeway is at that exit. There was still paper up on the windows and I think I saw a sign saying they were hiring. My goodness are they waiting for October to open? Pretty late to the game although Walgreens, CVS, Target and Walmart are only beginning to stock with candy. BTW Spirit's location on Cochrane looks pretty well set up. Same plaza as Walmart and Hobby Lobby. Haven't been by that way lately but looked to me like they could open soon. For anyone coming to this area to shop there's also a RiteAid and small TJMaxx on Tennant Ave., and a small Ross Dress for Success and Dollar Tree (in same shopping center) on Dunne. I try to know where all the "halloween destination shopping spots are in an area" for conveniece sake and save on gas.

BTW I went back and checked the HC store locator and this location was not even listed as an Opening Soon one. Kind of dumb too since had I not been driving past would still be under the impression they were gone completely from the area. I'm also mentioning this because if this store is going in undercover, others in your area may be as well.

There's a 16- inch alien prop that I saw on their website that I was hoping to pick up from them this year without driving far away or paying for shipping so pretty happy to have seen that sign. Let's hope the store gets stocked with more than costumes. Worst case I see that Party City lists it on their website too. Looking to add one or two aliens to my cryochamber tubes and use a magnifying page device to enlarge their faces thru the cryochamber window (cheap way to give the impression of a larger and more expensive prop in there).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts