Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well there's quite a lengthy HomeGoods thread that has been running for weeks if not months now since HomeGoods stocks their shelves the earliest. As many of you know HomeGoods is part of an umbrella of stores that also includes TJMaxx and Marshalls here in the U.S. In Canada the companies have slightly different names (HomeSense, Winner and Marshalls) and in Europe they have TKMaxx and HomeSense. Much of the same inventory is shared between these companies, which makes posting photos of halloween items very helpful for many.

Not every area of the country has all 3 stores in the U.S. Some only have a TJMaxx and/or Marshalls. So I decided to dedicate this thread to those two stores and if people are not aware of HomeGoods to suggest you check out the HomeGoods thread for a preview of a limited number of items from there that will make an appearance at TJMaxx or Marshalls. Please continue to post HG items under that thread.

My TJMaxx started a few end caps at the back of the store maybe a week or so ago. Here's some photos I took from my visit. I will be going back later this week for another check but I'm sure more has been put out.

·
Far Away Eyes
3,354 Posts
I was in TJ Maxx the other day, and really liked their tablecloths. Last year, I bought a large oblong black spiderweb tablecloth there for our big dining table. It tooks good over a white tablecloth. They had the same one this year, as well as some others.

·
Celtic Spirit
2,100 Posts
oooh PIB, I just bought a tablecloth like that at Home Goods, lol. Love your twin chandeliers btw. :)

·
Registered
657 Posts
Does Marshals tend to carry Halloween decorations? I was just at one today, and only saw autumn/fall decorations, that said it just opened so maybe Halloween will be their in coming weeks.

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Keep checking back Spinechiller. It should be around the same stuff TJMaxx gets in. Sometimes the two stores will have slightly different versions or colors of things they both get in. Both TJMaxx and Marshalls stock much later than HG.

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
View attachment 167091 View attachment 167092 View attachment 167093

Today's TJ Maxx haul. The tree was only $16.99! And check out the tree taper holder candleabra. How sweet! Thanks GOS for posting what they have out this week!

The witch on pumpkin LED light is one of my new faves! The black candles in the tree candle holder are from Michaels.

:)

Love your tree Wednesdayaddams. Looks good on your table and nice against your colored wall which is similar in color to mine BTW! I have a smaller version of the tree that I bought last year from TJMaxx that's on my fireplace mantel now. Wanted the larger one but didn't have the room for it. I found some stuffed halloween ornaments that I liked last year at HG and have them hung on the branches. Will you decorate yours?

Also notice your candelabra (sure does look like we have similar taste) is the same one I returned to HG last week. Interesting to see that TJM is carrying it too (one last chance to change my mind I guess). I liked that it had a glossy finish and held 5-tapers. Last minute decided to go with the metal ones I found at Ross instead to use them outside; the resin 5-candle one I would only use indoors as it's too nice to risk breaking.

BTW did you see any globes yet in your TJM?

·
Witch of the Midwest!
912 Posts
Thanks GOS! The manager @ TJ said he had his eye on the tree and suggested I backlight it against a light colored backdrop or window. I don't think I'll decorate it but it looks exactly like the GR lighted willow trees, minus the lights.

The tree candleabra is so pretty and I wouldn't have probably been able to get any of it had you not posted your pics this week. I did not see any of the globes and if I did I would have picked them up since so many people here seem to be looking for them. They said they get new shipments on Tuesdays so I think I will go back next weekend and look again. The big tree is featured in a Halloween magazine, which I didn't realize until I looked through it this afternoon.

I did get the Halloween "blocks" with vintage figurines on the top which I have on my buffet and didn't post. also bought a set of 3 round tealight holders with spider appliques. I could have walked out with half the store, but I had to limit myself. :) I also picked up a few towels, one set has a witches hat and clothes hanging on a clothesline. I am SO glad I went today. Thank you thank you thank you for your post!

Love your tree Wednesdayaddams. Looks good on your table and nice against your colored wall which is similar in color to mine BTW! I have a smaller version of the tree that I bought last year from TJMaxx that's on my fireplace mantel now. Wanted the larger one but didn't have the room for it. I found some stuffed halloween ornaments that I liked last year at HG and have them hung on the branches. Will you decorate yours?

Also notice your candelabra (sure does look like we have similar taste) is the same one I returned to HG last week. Interesting to see that TJM is carrying it too (one last chance to change my mind I guess). I liked that it had a glossy finish and held 5-tapers. Last minute decided to go with the metal ones I found at Ross instead to use them outside; the resin 5-candle one I would only use indoors as it's too nice to risk breaking.

BTW did you see any globes yet in your TJM?

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,454 Posts
I posted these in the Home Goods thread but I got them at the TJ Maxx next door. The TJ Maxx is right next to HG & they tend to not carry as much decor since you can just walk across the parking lot & get it at Home Goods.

I'm a sucker for vintgage repro. They're burlap with the vintage pics made to look like they were painted on the burlap.

This is just a box but I saw the image & price & had to get it. The ribbons will most likely go so it survives the Furry Ruiner Brothers.

·
Witch of the Midwest!
912 Posts
RCIAG I bought the SAME "best witches" sign only mine is tin and I bought it at TJ's today. I love it! :)

I posted these in the Home Goods thread but I got them at the TJ Maxx next door. The TJ Maxx is right next to HG & they tend to not carry as much decor since you can just walk across the parking lot & get it at Home Goods.

I'm a sucker for vintgage repro. They're burlap with the vintage pics made to look like they were painted on the burlap.

This is just a box but I saw the image & price & had to get it. The ribbons will most likely go so it survives the Furry Ruiner Brothers.

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey guys, stopped in a different TJMaxx today (San Jose, Ca, Hillsdale location) when I was on my trip to the only Spirit Halloween store open in my area right now ( across the street from TJMaxx and Big Lots!) and saw a lot of stuff in this store. They had this terrific 3-foot high, 3-inch thick resin gray Tombstone for 59.99. I haven't seen tall resin items for a while (probably the gargoyles were the last I remember) so wanted to send out the alert to keep an eye out for them in your stores if you are in the market. I have a few more items I still want to add this year, otherwise would have bought this tombstone today. Really nice look and quality. I'll come back and post 7 more photos. Didn't zero in on items so much this time but I think you'll get a good feel for what came in.

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here's the photos from today's TJMaxx stop:

This was the only tombstone I have seen but a nice one:

I think these might be the flocked version of Shiny Brites mentioned above. Among the boxes shown were two sets of these, two sets of the larger witch faced set, and another two sets of glittered ornaments.

I did look and so far no snowglobes at this location. They did have some of the vintage metal signs but apparently didn't take any photos.

·
Witch of the Midwest!
912 Posts
I love the books and the haunted house. Mine didn't have any of those nor did they have any of the busts or tombstones. Otherwise I would have grabbed them up. I'll have to go back in a few days :)

Thanks for posting! :)

Here's the photos from today's TJMaxx stop:

This was the only tombstone I have seen but a nice one:

I think these might be the flocked version of Shiny Brites mentioned above. Among the boxes shown were two sets of these, two sets of the larger witch faced set, and another two sets of glittered ornaments.

I did look and so far no snowglobes at this location. They did have some of the vintage metal signs but apparently didn't take any photos.

·
Far Away Eyes
3,354 Posts
I'd really like that jar of "Blood Bath Salts" for the guest bathroom. Maybe our store will get one. Several other items look good too, I agree.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts