Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I had a real blast entertaining with our set-up. I am so glad that I bought a camcorder this year because last year's night photo's turned out really bad. I have a street light about 15 feet away from my yard, but I think that we do a pretty good job of setting a creepy scene.

I hope you guys enjoy the video:

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Lucky you to have no wind. The fog looked great but those skellys with their banjos, where did you get them ? Well done !

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for the nice words. The fog chiller is just a simple coleman cooler mod, with 60lbs of ice and a box of rock salt/ice cream salt added to the ice. I am a big fan of keeping it simple (KISS). I don't think modifying auto radiators or adding brass tubing would make much of an improvement- plus my skill set is limited.

Lucky you to have no wind. The fog looked great but those skellys with their banjos, where did you get them ? Well done !

The banjo guys were from Grandin Road which I bought last year at their 50% off sale. This is the second year that my wife and I only bought items at 50%off or more. It really helps to stretch the ol' dollar.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
awesome..probably one of my favorites Ive seen this year!
Oh my, way too kind. As non-professionals, with no electrical, construction, or artistic skills, I think we give the kids in our neighborhood a memory that they will always cherish- plus we give out King Size candy bars. :D

Very nice haunt Col. I really like the continuous low lying fog. Great Job.

A few colored spotlights could add a little drama, but it really looks great the way it is!
I totally agree with you on the lighting. Plus,I have too many store bought props, and most of the really cool stuff on this forum is handmade. I hope that my cemetery lighting looks more like jdubbya's someday (who knew that my Halloween muse would be a suburbanite from PA).

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Really cool setup. And your fog is the bomb! What fogger are you using?

Just a Chauvet 1300. I wanted one that had some oooomph, but also one where I could afford a second one as a back-up. I know people spend hundreds of dollars more, but I am quite happy with my simple chiller and mid-range fogger.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts