Halloween Forum banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
13,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Saruman, oh man. I had him in my cart until I decided to buy more of the pumpkin arms instead. Lifted him off of the top shelf. He was heavy although hollow. I'm going to guess maybe 14 inches or so. Maybe taller. If I would have bought him I would measure him for you. Hopefully someone else picked him up and can say for sure.

I really liked him and the red inside shows up beautifully. Can only imagine it at night. Like I said I have the Medusa head, which I'm sure is smaller than him BTW, and mine has the red inside lighting as well. Both have green coloring on the outside. I think they would make a nice pairing. It is a plaster like finish and if scratched it will show thru as chalky white so I figure touching up over time will be necessary. Also would be more breakable than a plastic prop but he's definitely a looker. If I have some money leftover in the next couple of weeks and he's still around I may still pick him up.

·
Registered
13,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I just received my GrandinRoad Halloween Haven catalog today and was looking thru it. Their scarecrow sure looks like CVS' scarecrow except for the collar and shirt (can't see the pants to compare). Seems to be the same height too.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I just received my GrandinRoad Halloween Haven catalog today and was looking thru it. Their scarecrow sure looks like CVS' scarecrow except for the collar and shirt (can't see the pants to compare). Seems to be the same height too.
I was thinking the same exact thing. Looks like same exact scarecrow but at half the price at CVS and if you used the coupon its even better than that. I tried the one on display at my store and only one of his eyes lit up, he spoke loud and clear but he was a one eyed pete....so not real impressed with quality right out of the gate.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Today and tomorrow I have a 25% off certificate so I am going to pick up the floating skull and a pumpkin. They may have a few more things there too.

I think Walgreens got their truck yesterday she said they might have their things out today.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,470 Posts
Just picked up a second pair of Villafane pumpkin vine arms. They have two sets left so I may go back and get one more. I think these are going to sell out quickly.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Stopped at CVS and got the 2 things I wanted plus found a really cool set of light up pumpkins that were 2/$5 and I had a 25% coupon.

Mini black pumpins, red lights very cool:
pumpkins.jpg

Floating skull, this was one of the main things I went back for today:
floating skull.jpg

My puppy decided this was her favorite new friend:
puppy.jpg

Had to move it off the floor to take a pic, she wouldn't walk away from it lol This was the other thing I went back for, so glad they still had one. They only had one when I was there Thursday too these were $7.99 but it rang up $6.99 with 25% off:
pumpkin.jpg

Boo sign, $2.99 and 25% off I have a whole collection of these from CVS I use in my kitchen each year
boosign.jpg

Enough of the Halloween, someone wants to play :)
play.jpg

·
Evil Wizard
2,165 Posts
Just picked up a second pair of Villafane pumpkin vine arms. They have two sets left so I may go back and get one more. I think these are going to sell out quickly.
Stopped at my local CVS this morning. Had three sets on display, and I bought one. (Also a set of GITD pumpkin teeth.)

Had one each of the lighted vampire and grim reaper busts, which are both large and look very nice. Probably going to regret not picking one up today.

·
Headless Hessian
1,056 Posts
Finally found the vampire bust for $19.99 !!! YAY! Planning to do a paint treatment on him as I don't care for the muted green color they use on him but a fantastic, solid bust for $19.99. IMG_20130915_144016_699.jpg

·
Registered
13,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Can anyone post the UPC number for these? Thanks!

The Villafane Pumpkin Arm SKU is not even listed on the receipt! At least the one from my store. Here's what's on the box --

Bar Code Info: 8 19542 01000 8
WVS-FVA
Lot: E1513

Made in Mexico
www.wolfefx.com
Manufactured for
Wolfe Face Art & FX, LLC
Orlando, FL 32810
Artwork and Text
Copyright 2013 Wolfe Face Art & FX, LLC
Toll Free: 877-965-3339

Villafane Studios copyright 2011
All rights reserved
All Pumpkin images
Copyright Villafane Studios
www.villafanestudios.com

·
Registered
13,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Someone mentioned on the general shopping or Find/buy thread that they received an email from CVS rewards with another 30% off coupon. Not sure if this is applicable on one item or purchase. I think this is just one item though or would say otherwise. Received my coupon today as well. It is a One-Time Use coupon BTW so chose your item wisely. Excludes sale and promotional items, clearance and other restrictions apply. A few days ago got a $3 reward coupon so couldn't come at a better time. Today's 30% off coupon says good thru 9/30. I love getting email from CVS during this time of the year.

BTW they track these coupons and record to your card number so you need to be signed up for the rewards program to take advantage of them. They also know if you try to use your coupon more than once. Found this out when I printed more than one coupon (coupon even lets you reprint) and went to use the second coupon at a different store after using the first one at another location. Learned the hard way as the first store didn't have the large prop I wanted to buy with it and used the coupon on some candy or something nominal. Drove to a second store which had the prop and went to use a second coupon but when my card was scanned it said I had already used it on something. The cashier explained the reprint was there in case you misplaced your first printed coupon and needed to print another one out.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts